PDA

View Full Version : power

81 accord
06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
i want some more power- what kind of newer honda engine would fit easiest into an 1981 lx or what kind of power would i see w/ an ek1 that has wber carb custom cam port& polish 3 angle valve job and full exhuast - i would like around 130whp is it possible?

81 accord
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
noone

speedpenguin
06-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Anything's possible.
I don't think you're going to get it with just the mods you mentioned, though. It's a good start. If you can do all that, then do it, and see how you like the car, If it's not satisfying then keep going.

Ichiban
06-08-2006, 06:07 PM
The one gen shares the same rear, transmission, and side engine mounts (bolt pattern on block is same, actual mounts are different) as the 3rd gen accord. The front mount is different and the crossmember is too close to the front of the engine to allow the front exhaust on ET, ES and A series to pass between. Also the engine bay is shorter, leaving little room for your intake. You're on your own for axles, as they are slightly shorter than 2nd gen axles and solution in the 2nd gen FAQ won't work for you.

81 accord
06-08-2006, 06:54 PM
The one gen shares the same rear, transmission, and side engine mounts (bolt pattern on block is same, actual mounts are different) as the 3rd gen accord. The front mount is different and the crossmember is too close to the front of the engine to allow the front exhaust on ET, ES and A series to pass between. Also the engine bay is shorter, leaving little room for your intake. You're on your own for axles, as they are slightly shorter than 2nd gen axles and solution in the 2nd gen FAQ won't work for you.
can u get custom axels? would they fit with a custum exhaust?

Ichiban
06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Axles you'd have to make. 1 or early 2 gen transmissions will not bolt up to A series engines, but the trannys that do use a different axle spline count.
I think PhydeauX had some sort of diff swap or something that might work, but you gotta look around and dig up that post.

Ichiban
06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I searched and found this:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20900&highlight=diff+swap