PDA

View Full Version : Car vibrates under acceleration

kinabalu
06-08-2006, 04:12 AM
First thing first, this is a super forum. I have a problem. My car shakes and vibrates under acceleration (not the steering wheel). My mechanic told me it was due to my uneven tyres. He told me to run it off. That was a month ago. Since then, I balance all four tyres and did alignment.

What happened today really surprised me. I put my car in neutral and let it roll down a hill. I hit 60 mph and no vibration at all. So I guess something is wrong with my car then. Can somebody please help me.

By the way I am from Malaysia. I own a 1990 Accord (LX?). B20A with auto transmission. Thanks in advance.

89accordex4dr
06-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Ha ve you check the steering ball joint's ( forgot what you call them things ), Do you have a bulge in one of the front tyres? Sorry if I'm not much help.:)

sunderland
06-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Check your motor mounts. I had that problem and new Honda motor mounts fixed it.

Kabuki
06-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I think you'll find that here is some play in one or both of the inner axle joints. We were having a problem with that on a few reman axles for the 3G, so we switched to entirely new units.

detroit313
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
i had the Exact SAME problem.
it was one of my tires...it was really lumpy and i couldnt tell till i took it off the car........drives like a new car now!

kinabalu
06-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys for your replies. I don't think it my tyres. I actually got them checked at a tyre shop here. I'll get the ball joints, inner axle joints (we also call them inner CV joints here) and engine mounts checked next week. I'll keep you posted.

Blkblurr
06-09-2006, 09:03 AM
I had that same problem and noticed it mostly in 2nd gear. What it ended up being was bad cv joints. I replaced both axles cause the boots were torn and I didn't know for sure which was causing the problem. After that the vibration during accel was gone.