PDA

View Full Version : removing power side mirrors?

frantik
06-09-2006, 04:49 PM
ok i searched a lot but couldn't find anything

I want to remove my power side mirrors but they are connected to the car by the wires that power the mirrors. Where is the connector for this wire? i dont have to pull the whole door panel do i?

AccordRacing21
06-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, you have to pull the door panel. It's pretty simple though.

frantik
06-09-2006, 05:12 PM
how easy is it to remove the window glass once the door panel is removed?

thegreatdane
06-10-2006, 08:00 AM
It's as easy as two bolts at that point.

AccordRacing21
06-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Wait, remove the window glass? I thought you just wanted to remove the power side mirrors? Pull the door panel off and you can unhook that wire that's holding it on.

frantik
06-10-2006, 08:48 PM
^ haha.. yeah the mirrors are unrelated to the window glass, cept I figure if i'm gonna pull the door panels for the mirrors i might as well swap my tinted glass off my LX as well assuming it's not a pain the ass

MessyHonda
06-10-2006, 10:43 PM
^ haha.. yeah the mirrors are unrelated to the window glass, cept I figure if i'm gonna pull the door panels for the mirrors i might as well swap my tinted glass off my LX as well assuming it's not a pain the ass

sounds like a plan...just dont do the rear windsheild and you should be good...i love that tint by the way...and i want some PICS after its finished...so are you going to the Bay Area meet on the 24th?

frantik
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah i've read that it's easier/cheaper just to get the back glass tinted haha

don't worry i'll definitly post pics when finished :D

and i'd be down for the meet up but it's a bit far for me, plus i've got other shit to do that day :\

frantik
06-11-2006, 06:42 AM
i suck at cars lol.. i got most of the door trim off but the top part wouldn't come unstuck. and that was only the 1st of 8 doors. doh

on a side note, the foam from the original speaker was totally gone haha

frantik
06-15-2006, 01:11 PM
dammit i ended up taking the car to a body shop to have my mirrors and windows swapped cause i didn't feel like dealing with it (working on two cars on a busy street with no shade sucks ass) and they totally fucked up the tint on two of the windows and left minor scratches on the other one. fucking a.. they guy ended up paying me lol but not enough to get the entire car redone exactly as it was :\ now i need to decide if i want to go with the crazy expensive tint and not change the back or go with the cheaper tint and change all the windows.

if you have tinted glass and you want to swap it out, take it to a reputable place and or don't do it, cause it seems like it's hard for them to not scratch the film. the guy said he was being hella careful on the last one and it still scratched :-\

MessyHonda
06-15-2006, 04:49 PM
man it was not that hard...some jack ass threw a rock on my rear right window...so my uncle went to the junkyard and picked one up...we changed it....it just had hella fingerprints from us trying to put it in.. well that sucks that they mest it up...cant you just fix the window tint insted of redoing the whole car?

frantik
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
tint is a plastic film that goes over the window.. it's apparently pretty easy to scratch.

you can't just replace the damaged area because the film could contract or move slightly and thus leave gap on the edges where the repair was made

i need to wash the car and see how noticable the back scratches are with totally clean glass. I never have passengers in the back and never really look back there myself so some small hairline scratches are ok but if they are toally noticable when the car is clean im gonna have them redo all the glass

there is a slight upside to this.. i was considering going a little bit darker with tint since my interior on this one is tan vs dark red on the old one.. at least now i can get new tint without the big investment. or i could just get the fronts done with cheaper tint and end up making a "profit" though it'll still cost money out of my pocket, but that money could have gone to the body shop instead

much rather not have to deal with it though :\

oh, btw, never take your car to New United Auto Body in San Jose. I think they also cracked an interior panel but i cant be sure