PDA

View Full Version : trials and tribulations with shock valving..

Accordtheory
06-10-2006, 10:09 AM
I just got my bilsteins, valved 375/120 front 300/100 rear, with sprint springs, and while the front is ok, feels nice and stiff, dead feeling, the back constantly oscillates. After dropping $711.46 on the bilsteins. Any of you guys have any input on this? Steve89dx, you said you have the same combo in the back, wtf??

Not to mention the sprints don't make my car sit evenly. If I get ground controls and tell Jack French the exact rates, will he be able to get the rear shocks perfect?

UGGGHHHH!!!! ..fuck it..

TheWatcher
06-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I just got my bilsteins, valved 375/120 front 300/100 rear, with sprint springs, and while the front is ok, feels nice and stiff, dead feeling, the back constantly oscillates. After dropping $711.46 on the bilsteins. Any of you guys have any input on this? Steve89dx, you said you have the same combo in the back, wtf??
Not to mention the sprints don't make my car sit evenly. If I get ground controls and tell Jack French the exact rates, will he be able to get the rear shocks perfect?
UGGGHHHH!!!! ..fuck it..
Does Steve89dx have sprints??? :dunno:

You have to remember the sprints are stiffer than the H&R's that most people use, plus the drop is farther, so a revalve that is fine for H&R's, might not be enough for sprints springs. :)

Maybe if you do a search for bilsteins and sprints you can get a better idea of what works better. Or you could just increase it by 10% and see what happens (kinda expensive if you don't get the right setting). Talk to Bilstein and maybe they can help you.

Peace.

Accordtheory
06-11-2006, 10:38 AM
I already started a thread on that...that's how I know steve has the sprints/300/100 in the back..

it's so close though, f it for now..

2drSE-i
06-11-2006, 11:38 AM
i would think that the rear struts would be more than enough to handle sprints. the rate for sprint springs in the rear is 225 ppi...

SteveDX89
06-12-2006, 02:32 AM
I don't get much movement except on bumpy roads. You're sure that you're driving on totally smooth roads? A little uneven pavement will make it oscillate for me as well. Nothing I can't deal with as I don't drive the car too often. As far as the car sitting even, are you judging by the fender gap or the distance the car is from the ground? Remember the front wheelwells are cut higher than the back. The car is probably level but looks higher in the front because of it. Also remember, the car will settle once everything gets broken in.