PDA

View Full Version : Soaked Carpet

jschatte
06-11-2006, 06:28 PM
We have had a decent rain (2.5") over the weekend, and i have been driving in the downpour quite a bit. Anyway, looked at my carpet today and the whole drivers side including by the back seat is soaked! I am puzzled, but i also found a 2" hole in the lower rear of the front wheel well. Could this be the culprit or is there something else i cant see?

EricW
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I would check to see if the hole goes thru to the inside.

Do you have a sun roof?

jschatte
06-11-2006, 06:53 PM
no, i dont have a sun roof. Ive heard about the vents getting clogged and soaking the interior

VTEC_Inside
06-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Open the hood, and inspect the area in the far right corner (drivers side, behind the shock tower, under the wiper motor). Its probably rusting out there, but may not be your problem.

Look through the plastic cowl cover on that side. See if you can see any rust there.

The bottom corner of the windsheild (covered by the fender) is another possible location.

EricW
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
to check under the cowl. Just remove the six or so little plastic clips under the weather stripping, the plastic screws, the wipers, and the little rubber pieces by the hood hinges and the cowl will come right out.

Kabuki
06-15-2006, 09:06 AM
You may also find that the A/C evaporator drain hose is plugged. Blow through it with compressed air and you'll probably get a big puddle of water out.