PDA

View Full Version : Reverse beeping noise?

Cancer
06-12-2006, 01:53 PM
When i put my car in reverse a beeping noise goes off like it would in a big truck, it's not very loud but it's noticeable. Is that factory cuz it's coming from something on the trunk and there's nothing aftermarket on there.

crazykamper
06-12-2006, 01:57 PM
not factory on mine, hope the owner before you was smarter than puttin that in. lol.

mkymonkey
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
its not factory...i know they sell kits for that. usually the speaker is mounted behind the rear bumper.

crazykamper
06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
those beaper things piss me off, hope you are planning on taking it off!

Cancer
06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
I want to but there's nothing visible, I'll take a picture of my trunk soon so mabey you experts on these cars can point it out but from what I can see it's hidden really really well. It sucks cuz people think there's a truck backing up but nope...it's a lowered '86 Accord lol.

mkymonkey
06-12-2006, 10:48 PM
have you looked under the car? like i said its mostly all bolted on the bottom. especially the speaker because you want it to be loud.

thegreatdane
06-13-2006, 01:59 AM
turn the ignition on, put it in reverse, find that damn speaker and throw it as far away as possible.

frantik
06-13-2006, 03:07 AM
lol.. if it's not loud maybe it's coming from the bulb inside the reverse light housing? this would explain why it sounds like it's in your trunk.

they make bulbs with a noise maker built into it.. you just install it in your reverse light and it beeps whenever they light up

http://hectorshardware.biz/shop/product.asp?dept_id=311&sku=580204&

Whistler225
06-13-2006, 05:31 AM
lol.. if it's not loud maybe it's coming from the bulb inside the reverse light housing? this would explain why it sounds like it's in your trunk.

they make bulbs with a noise maker built into it.. you just install it in your reverse light and it beeps whenever they light up

http://hectorshardware.biz/shop/product.asp?dept_id=311&sku=580204&
it sounds like he's saying it is loud enough for other drivers to hear it....just not god-awful loud like the ones on the big trucks.....sounds like it would be under the rear bumper. Hey, you might think about leaving the thing in there, especially if you back up alot. You know people are driving around with static between their ears quite a bit these days....something like that might actually save you from being rear-ended or something lol....

crazykamper
06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
i say get rid of it, i rather get rear ended (on a beater, not 3g.) then have that beaping. but on second thought, it may save you from gettin rear ended in the long run.....

Cancer
06-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Mabey, but I'm Oregon and a rear-ending can only benefit me see'in as it's a straight loss for whoever hits me regardless of circumstances here lol. The bulb thing makes sense cuz it sounds like it's coming from a bulb housing. I've done the leaving it in reverse thing while in the on position and it just boggled my mind. I'll try to light bulb thing, I got some ricer-lamo-blue reverse lights my buddy gave me that I've never taken outta the package I can throw in there lol. I can be TeH jDmEst..

snoopyloopy
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
lol.....sounds like a puzzle for sure. i have no special insights to position of where it might be. although i don't see how it would save you from being rear-ended because when you're in reverse you generally don't have anyone behind you.

Whistler225
06-13-2006, 03:51 PM
when you're in reverse you generally don't have anyone behind you.
People can be behind you when you're in reverse anywhere, including but not limited to: parking lots, downtown parking spaces, your driveway, backing into a parking space (I've seen people pull through a doubled parking space so they can pull out the other side forward when they leave, and actually had someone doing that as I was about to turn into the space). Not to mention that in most of these cases, not only can you quite possibly not see the person, but if you back out in front of someone and they hit you, it's YOUR fault, not his (at least, not in any of the many states I've ever lived in). Getting rear-ended is quite different from backing out into traffic and being hit.