PDA

View Full Version : Painting my stock seats with dupli

Trick87Accord
06-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Has another every tried to paint there stock seats with the dupli fabric/vinyl paint i used it on my doors and it held up pretty nice but i was wondering if i painted it if the fabric would get all sharp and rough feeling. Or would the rough feeling go away after i rode in it a couple of times i guess i could "sand" it down with like a towl or something like that to decrease the roughness what do you guys think?
-Pat-:cheers:

mitsumi
06-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I had some experince with it we did my buddy's seats an I really didnt come out the way you would think a soaked in the color faded in about a week. the fabric felt like crap an your going to be really unhappy with it

Trick87Accord
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
HMMM well then i wonder what would happen if i kept the coats of paint really thin, did you just go in there with direct spray or did you keep the coats of paint even and light?

acco-R-d
06-12-2006, 10:14 PM
trust me dont do it, it'll b all rough textured from the paint. and yes i have used teh duplicolor fabic/vinyl stuff. it has great results on the interior if u take your time with the prep work

crazykamper
06-13-2006, 07:01 AM
does anybody know of a good paint that isnt rough for interior fake leather panels?? im talking about the part right below the window... the top part.... im starting to think about doing a lil 2tone.... lol.