PDA

View Full Version : Tire Size

Fuzy Navel
06-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Just a quick question I lowered my car 2.5 inches with tokico struts and dropzone springs and what is the best tire size?? I have 17 inch rims and i believe the tire size that was on there was 215-75-17 might be wrong but not sure... Gotta buy new tires tommrow so im just checking what is the best thanks :)

EricW
06-12-2006, 05:32 PM
look at the link at the top of the suspension section.

Fuzy Navel
06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Well i read the thing before but got really confused so just thought i asked... So i read it again and again and i think i figure it out i guess it would be 205/40-17 :)

EricW
06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Yes, that is the closest size.

MessyHonda
06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Well i read the thing before but got really confused so just thought i asked... So i read it again and again and i think i figure it out i guess it would be 205/40-17 :)

yeah i was going to get some falken 205-40-17 and they were 57 bucks a piece but online and then they had like a 10 buck shipping on each tire. so it came out to be like 67...not bad for a falken. well how does the car ride with thoes tokicos? i heard they are only good for 1inch drop anything lower you would have to get konis or thoes other ones that start with a B...lol

Fuzy Navel
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
blistens :) i dont know yet my tires where showing metal so thats why i am asking i havent had a chance to drive it yet till i get new tires and get it aligned man it sucked every single strut bolt was frozen on that damn thing i can burn away the rubber to get the bolt out after cutting the heads off then take a cizzle or whatever you can it and cizzle the damn thing out and then wait for 100 dollars worth of bushings and bolts lol but from what i can see it sits good and looks cool lol i will post pictures later... I was thinking about get the Federal or handhook... not sure yet.... the falkens did look pretty good though

speedpenguin
06-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Ya know, from that FAQ, I'd never have figured out that we could get Konis into a 3G. How do they fit? I'm assuming you have to modify them. I want Konis for that awesome progressive valving.

TheWatcher
06-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Ya know, from that FAQ, I'd never have figured out that we could get Konis into a 3G. How do they fit? I'm assuming you have to modify them. I want Konis for that awesome progressive valving.
You don't have to modify konis, they bolt right up. :)

However, KONI has discontinued the front and rear shocks for 3g Accords a few years ago, so they are extremely difficult to find new. Konis are adjustable (outside the car) and don't need to be revalved like the bilsteins.

Here's the thread about someone selling konis on ebay right now, http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52834.

Peace.

speedpenguin
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Crap, I don't have money right now, I really want Konis.
I guess when I do get money I should buy several sets, since when one set wears out they'll be even harder to find.

TheWatcher
06-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Crap, I don't have money right now, I really want Konis.
I guess when I do get money I should buy several sets, since when one set wears out they'll be even harder to find.
They are supposed to have a lifetime guarantee, so one set should be okay unless you get in an accident and totally destroy the shock.

I haven't even installed my konis, so I can't really comment on the "lifetime" guarantee from first hand experience. I do remember seeing someone on Hondatech complaining about Koni NOT honoring the life-time warranty and someone from Koni (Lee Grimes? [I don't really remember]) making some kind of "excuse" so koni wouldn't honor the warranty. So YMMV.

Peace.

AZmike
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I believe they take the shock apart and figure out what failed. If it's worn out they repair or replace it. If something is bent or broken that indicates abuse then it may not be covered.