PDA

View Full Version : Odd "click" sound..

Acid X
06-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Alright, i first noticed this a few weeks ago... I was pushing the gas and brake at the same time (i know i know, this is bad.. i dont do it anymore after this)... Anyway, i was getting the rpms up to about 1250 or a little higher/lower... And i heard this weird "clack" sound and the car moved a little.

Now i notice that every once and a while i hit the gas and it will repeat this sound (a short clack) and i can feel a knock or something through the pedal.

I'm not sure how to explain it any better than this, really. It almost sounds like the noise you get when you have a bad cv joint and you're turning and accelerating... But its just a single click and when i push the gas.. Really random..

Anyway, if you have any idea as to what this might be going on, please let me know.

mkymonkey
06-13-2006, 11:02 PM
so uh...why were you braking while accelerating?

2ndGenGuy
06-13-2006, 11:07 PM
I was gonna say CV joint until you mentioned it. It still could be slack in one of the joints. When you push the gas, the slack is gone and you won't hear it again until you start going, but you only hear it once when the two sections of the axle hit eachother. Any vibration when accelerating? Feel like a wheel is out of balance?

Acid X
06-13-2006, 11:09 PM
No, not that i've noticed. What could i have done? It didnt do this until i did what i talked about....

Adrian, i was stopped... I dont have a manual so i cant get the revs up to get a good launch like that, and i never want to do a neutral drop.

mkymonkey
06-13-2006, 11:21 PM
lol ok! then get a manual swap. and why dont you want to do a neutral drop? i do it in my civic and it works great....never had any problems lol it is kinda stupid though...since i could fuck the tranny up :D

Acid X
06-13-2006, 11:26 PM
That's why, dude. I dont want to mess up my tranny... I can't afford a manual swap at the moment, even though i would like to do one.

Blkblurr
06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Sounds like you have a bad engine mount to me.

Whistler225
06-14-2006, 07:58 AM
any other symptoms? like hesitation with the clack..... I was wondering if it could be your torque converter or low ATF......I get kind of a clacking noise sometimes when I shift from neutral or drive into reverse.... I have a feeling it's either my torque converter or my tranny is going to shit....

Acid X
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, i have that clacking noise, too, whistler.. Believe i had a tech at honda tell me once that its just the "engagement gear" or something in the tranny.. and i dont have to worry about it...

I was thinking engine mount too. But i dont know which one...