PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and my accord has problems

juce's accord
06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
my car won't start me and my dad have been lokin at different things. Like the engine to see if it works and we checked to see if the timing was right. we kinda gave up and called a fellow mechanic and he said that the main relay is a common probles with these cars so we replaced it but it still won't turn on so he sucks. we think it might be the distribuitor we checked the module works then we reset the ecu. i looked around at the forums thanks to a frien and found that it might be the coolant emp. sensor. but we think it might be some other sensor. help!!!

and if it is the sensor where can I find stuff cheap?

shepherd79
06-14-2006, 12:06 PM
are you getting any fuel or spark?
You can start from there. Make sure you are getting fuel (main relay controls the fuel pump at start up), you should hear the pump when you turn the ignition on.
Ignition, check the spark at the plug. take it out, ground it and turn the engine over. do that to every plug. this way you will make sure you are getting spark at everyone of them.

Does your ECU give you any codes?

juce's accord
06-14-2006, 03:56 PM
yes there is spark, when I turn on the switch I could here the pump I know there is no gas going though because the only way the car start is by spraying starting fluind in the intake manifold.
I got a code six before i reset the ecu
i think the Water temperature sensor and the coolant temperature sensor are it .
could that be the main problem? or something else

Oh and how do you check them?

Oldblueaccord
06-14-2006, 11:43 PM
if you have a multi meter set on Ohms you can check the sensors and a known temp. and see what they read. It could be possible that they are still bad if they read good but the car should start.

I would also look at the fuel filter as maybe being plugged and not letting fuel to the injectors maybe.

There is also a TDC senors inside the distributor that I think might give a false signal to the injectors. You can use an ohm meter as well on that.

I'd grab a good Honda book and go thru the various things that effect the fuel injectors since you seem to be sure that where the problem is. Helms manual is the first choice.

wp

shepherd79
06-15-2006, 05:19 AM
don't waist your time on checking all the sensors. If one sensor was get bad, the ECu will get in to loop moode where it would allow the car to start and run. sensor is not your problem.

check the fuel filter. disconnect the fuel lines and turn the key on. the fuel should come out. if it doesn't you know where the problem is.
Replace with new fuel filter.
next step would be the injector resistor box. you can check that with Ohm meter. That unit controls injectors.

juce's accord
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
I've checked out the fuel filter, pump, injectors, injector harnest, resistor, coolant temp. sensor, ignition coil, main relay.

gas is getting through with presure I tested it by cranking the engine to see if plenty of gas came out so that works.

I checked the ohms of all injectors, sensor and resistor and it all works.

Is it posible that a distribuitor can still give spark even though the module is burnt out.

Blkblurr
06-16-2006, 05:18 AM
I would check the ground wire for the fuel injectors. Sounds like they are not firing.

juce's accord
06-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Is it posible that a distribuitor can still give spark even though the module is burnt out.

juce's accord
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM

is the TDC sensor the same as the ignitor

shepherd79
06-16-2006, 11:26 AM
TDC sensor and ignitor are two diff things.
And NO, if ignitor is burned out it won't fire.
go to junk ard and get another distributor for $25. it is better than paying $200+ some for a rebuild one.

juce's accord
06-16-2006, 06:17 PM
well i checked the dizzy today and the man said that it wasn't giving enough spark and that might be why it would not turn on.

Ill let you know if the car starts
thanks

juce's accord
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
my dad is going to get a distributor for $140 w/2 year warranty
he doesnt like junk yards

Oldblueaccord
06-17-2006, 11:38 AM
the spark may be weak.

Thing that throws off this whole thing is it fires on starting fluid. SO the sparks gotta be there.

Is your gas fresh or has the car sat a long time? Gas here stateside doesnt keep good maybe 6 weeks at the most. I deal with it with my truck all the time. Its has a 440 and its got to have good gas or it wont start/run.

wp

juce's accord
06-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Yess it was the dizzy
the spark was weak the car turns on now. it still makes a clicking sound though
Thanks to all!!!