PDA

View Full Version : New Accord Great Story.

Devon
06-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Hello, Today I picked up my 1989 Accord LXi but first heres a little info about myself, I work at kragen auto parts which sucks but it has its advantages like parts discounts I have owned two accords previously an 89 lx and a 90lx and one knocked bad and the other spun a rod bearing. but back to the story, my buddie mark who works at kragens has a Black 89 Accord LX i which he wasn't using and wanted to sell. I told him about all my laptops and he wanted a laptop bad so i traded him straight across my IBM ThinkPad 600X Pentium 3 500mhz laptop for the accord. so far it needs alot of work but its not that bad and much nicer then my previous accords. but its black and has a automatic shifts good but high 229k miles he said the bottem end was freshend before he got it and that he did the upper end headgasket. the worst thing iam worried about was the dirty oil and how thick it was. I was told he used 20w50 castrol. so hopefully when I change the oil it will not knock or it will be history repeating itself. Anyways all in all seems to be a good car, I just hope it can live up to the legendary reliability honda is known for.

TheWatcher
06-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Hello, Today I picked up my 1989 Accord LXi but first heres a little info about myself, I work at kragen auto parts which sucks but it has its advantages like parts discounts I have owned two accords previously an 89 lx and a 90lx and one knocked bad and the other spun a rod bearing. but back to the story, my buddie mark who works at kragens has a Black 89 Accord LX i which he wasn't using and wanted to sell. I told him about all my laptops and he wanted a laptop bad so i traded him straight across my IBM ThinkPad 600X Pentium 3 500mhz laptop for the accord. so far it needs alot of work but its not that bad and much nicer then my previous accords. but its black and has a automatic shifts good but high 229k miles he said the bottem end was freshend before he got it and that he did the upper end headgasket. the worst thing iam worried about was the dirty oil and how thick it was. I was told he used 20w50 castrol. so hopefully when I change the oil it will not knock or it will be history repeating itself. Anyways all in all seems to be a good car, I just hope it can live up to the legendary reliability honda is known for.
If the oil is like sludge, then maybe you should use Gunk motor flush. You put it in the oil, run the car for a while (in park), then empty out the oil and change the oil and oil filter. The motor flush will help get the sludge out.

When I looked at the title, I thought you wrote another Accord Story. :lol: I love the one you posted about the accord here, http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39022.

Good luck w/ the accord.

Peace.

speedpenguin
06-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Hey, when are you going to post pics of this killer car?