PDA

View Full Version : AIWA RF Modulator?

toastyghost
08-26-2002, 01:07 AM
Ok here's the scoop kids... I'm getting this AIWA CD changer (ADC-M65) which has proprietary AIWA brand signal cable. This would be bad except that it appears to be exactly the same changer unit as the FM modulated model (ADC-FM65), minus the modulator and controller of course. Does anyone know if I can just gank the parts or buy factory replacements for the modulator/controller and hook them onto this bitch? If not I gotta get an AIWA controller head before I can hook up this changer which will be an unnecessary pain. I'd probably just sell the changer and get a different brand of changer with normal RCA outs and a universal FM modulator. Any ideas?

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2002, 02:27 AM
just get an aiwa head... good bang for the buck... i wou ld reccomend the top-of-the-line cassette deck, then you can have two medias, and an input on the face of the deck for an MD or what not... the aiwa changers are good... i know people that beat the shit out of them (slammeing shit in thier trunk), they still play like a champ... and the 10 disk has an antishock in it... i am taking the liberty of finding one of these on ebay for you

Derick

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2002, 02:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1375769276 ,, that is the only one i found, but is a fairly nice unit... i don't know about a harness, though

Derick

shepherd79
08-26-2002, 03:55 AM
oh man, AIWA sucks man.
try to get something better.

staticpat
08-26-2002, 08:57 AM
you dont need a casseste one, most aiwas have an aux in on the face anyway. and i wouldnt recoomend an aiwa either, mines become uppity lately.

toastyghost
08-26-2002, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the eBay link, that thing is on my watch list. I've heard about AIWA units getting "uppity" or whatever but the specific changer has gotten good reviews. I try to research before I buy, especially with electronics. I just need something that will play CDs other than 40oz to Freedom. :P Love that album but love other stuff too... and I'm finding good deals on the AIWA shit.

Crutchfield doesn't carry the FM/RF -modulated version of that changer so I can't get replacement parts from them. I called AIWA support and they didn't have a "car guy" handy right then, but they're supposed to give me a call back about whether I can use that modulator and where to get it. If it's even possible, I'm guessing they'll refer me to the nearest official supplier, which is Tritronics in Maryland.

It looks like the situation is getting straightened out, slowly but surely. Please leave remarks and I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks!