PDA

View Full Version : Door Removal

Pico
06-16-2006, 07:16 AM
I need to replace my drivers side door, I've searched and didn't see anything related to this.
I found a door at pick n pull that matches my cord, can I just unbolt it from the hinges and take the new door off that way or do i have to use the hinges that comes with the door.
I know i have to get the wiring harness out of the way thats no problem I just want to know if it's okay to reuse my stock hinges that are on the car now..

MessyHonda
06-16-2006, 07:23 AM
they have a 50% sale on Pick a Part(hayward and san jose) all this weekend...im going tomorrow to see what i can find. the only thing that i hate is that all the jap cars are mixed so its hard to find stuff...but it also works as an advantage since the back cars have the goddies...lol alright sorry i cant answer your question...but i think you can you just have to torque the nuts down to spec.

2ndGenGuy
06-16-2006, 07:36 AM
I think that the hinges are welded to the door on these cars, at least they are on mind. But just unbolt them from the body, and take the hinges when you take the doors. Then if you have two sets, you'll be safe. I replaced the doors on my car that way. If you mark around the hinges when you take your old ones off, you'll have better luck lining up the door. Just take your time when getting your door to line back up. It can be frustrating. Don't forget you may have to adjust the latch hook on the body of the car where the door latches.

ghettogeddy
06-16-2006, 07:37 AM
ha will your there see if u can pick up a dizzy and a powerstering pump im gona start polising and wanna test these parts let me know how much ill pm u my celly number