PDA

View Full Version : Still Can't find the answer!

Trick87Accord
06-16-2006, 08:19 PM
:rockon: Well i have been donig a lot of reading about headers and the difference between ceramic coated and non. I have read that guys have both and both are happy with both, after the non ceramic coated guys coat theirs with 1500 degree high temp paint. My question is, is that the same as buying the ceramic coated one i have read that you might even get a better job if you do it yourself. Is that true. Another thing i read that if you coat the outside you should coat the inside but wouldn't that decrease the flow? Should i just buy the non coated one and coat it myself with some high temp paint for autozone? O yeah and pacesetter is the brand im looking at since its the only one and there are not custom header places around here. Please help me with some info Thanks Again, i have searched a lot and my still havn't found my answer.:rockon:
-Pat-

AccordEpicenter
06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Totally off topic, but where at in Oregon are you located?

Springfield, Eugene area

Cool, I'm right down by Roseburg in Sutherlin. :)

Ahh, Springtucky! lovely town... Just kidding... I live up in Salem.

Springfield has always been a fucking slum. (I grew up there.) =/

probably why the simpsons live there too

gfrg88
06-16-2006, 10:15 PM
ceramic coat helps keep the gases inside flowing nice and keeping the engine bay stay a little cooler, paint is just to make it look nice and wont get rusted. just get the coated ones they are much better ;)

A20A1
07-07-2006, 08:02 PM
You lose a lot of power in the form of heat... if you stop the heat transfer and contain it you can save yourself from powerloss.

There is a difference between simple hight temp paint and ceramic paint.

Professional coat will usually last longer and if they can is some way coat the inside of the pipe as well even better.

mkymonkey
07-07-2006, 08:08 PM
how the hell would they coat the inside of the pipes? and correct me if im wrong but a ceramic coat is done in powder right?

gfrg88
07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
how the hell would they coat the inside of the pipes? and correct me if im wrong but a ceramic coat is done in powder right?

yes, dont know how they do it but they do....

A20A1
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't know how they do it either.

stat1K
07-10-2006, 11:49 AM
my guess is carefully. but they do it nonetheless and from what i've seen it definitely decreases power loss.

NitroNeonRT
07-10-2006, 04:46 PM
The powder has a + or a - charge and the header has the oposite. When the powder is sprayed it clings to it. So they spray it in the tubes and it sticks to the inside and outside and is baked on.

gfrg88
07-10-2006, 05:44 PM
The powder has a + or a - charge and the header has the oposite. When the powder is sprayed it clings to it. So they spray it in the tubes and it sticks to the inside and outside and is baked on.

damn thats exactly what i was gonna say, :lol: i told my friend to ask his bodyshop teacher and thats exatly what he said....

mkymonkey
07-10-2006, 06:07 PM
well i guess then my question is how do they know that it has an even coat? i mean i figured something like this but..since they cant see inside the damn thing how do they know its not bumpy or whatever and it has an even coat?

NitroNeonRT
07-11-2006, 04:07 PM
The charge can only hold soo much of the powder. After that amount is reached the rest will just fall off.