PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Problem.

dalinxz
06-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi ok I dont know where to start, well here it goes I was going home its about 35 degrees celcius here, the car thermoter was where its supposed to be in between hot and cold. But I was coming back and there was a clunk in the transmission. I accidentally switched to neutral at a stop light and when i was going i switched it back to drive at about 3400rpm so there was this clunk. ok so anyways it kept driving but when i switched to drive between neutral it kept going to high idle on neutral. The car is extremely hot right now and I know the transmission is a bit short on oil although it cant be that much. Basically the transmission is idling much higher now, rather than the usual weak 600-900rpm it is at 1100 rpm during a stop and on idle its at about 1900rpm. Anyone know whats wrong? Is the transmission Fu@%3d or should i just let it cool down and it will be fine, I took off the passenger side wheel and everything was extremely hot, burnt my fingers on the lugnuts and all, there didnt appear to be any leak and everything looks fine, so what do you guys think?

dalinxz
06-17-2006, 12:22 PM
:wtf: ok i just got back from picking up my mom and i left it in the garage to cool off basically it was about 95 degrees Fahrenheit so I put it in my garage left it raised with the passenger wheel off, I got out put everything back on, it seemed to have cooled down so I got out and in reverse when i was turning my wheel to the left and right it sounded like a sizzling clicking but didnt reproduce the noise on Park, so anyways as i went there the car seemed fine. So :wtf: anyone know how to help?

FORFREE
06-17-2006, 12:54 PM
i have the same problem

dalinxz
06-17-2006, 01:23 PM
when did it happen, oh ya mine is an 88 honda accord dx

FORFREE
06-18-2006, 06:01 AM
mine happens sometimes when the car is hot sometimes it happens when it cool tho

dalinxz
06-18-2006, 05:06 PM
maybe it was hot and the oil was low in the transmission so that could be a possibility