PDA

View Full Version : Old Crossover

HondaBoy
06-17-2006, 01:46 PM
my friend had this and apparently didnt know how to use it. i dunno but he let me get it for $5 so i couldnt pass it up. hooked it up and added a lot more bump from my 12 on 500 watts. i think i'm going to redo some wiring so both my amps are in the trunk and then run them from this crossover. i still need to amp my front speakers so i can actually hear them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/f736f009.jpg

Pico
06-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I ran one of those back in the day in my Nissan truck and I had the amps to match.
I thought it was a real good X-Over.
:D

MessyHonda
06-18-2006, 06:08 PM
what do they do? i saw one but i thought it was just to connect 2 amps together.

EricW
06-18-2006, 07:05 PM
what do they do? i saw one but i thought it was just to connect 2 amps together.

It limits the frequencies that the amp/speakers on the receiving end see. So your subs don't see hi-freq. and your mids/highs don't see low-freq.

HondaBoy
06-18-2006, 08:13 PM
^exactly. yeah i found this was a pretty good brand. just so happens that the guy that had it before me had it hooked up in his old nissan 4x4, hmm. it sure makes things sound nicer. cant wait till i can get the other speakers hooked up through it. i wanted to add a capacitor also so the amps dont make the headlights get dim.