PDA

View Full Version : My Adventures With Seafoam

mkymonkey
06-20-2006, 04:38 AM
I will start with, this is the first time i have ever ever ever done this and i have to say...it was the easiest and freaking most awesomest thing you could do to a car! i mean wow! the car sounds throatier, deeper, its more responsive, and not to mention the show was incredible--by that i mean the smoke! but i have one tiny lil problem. ok well i bought two cans. one to use and the other to store for future use. ok the problem comes in when i was pouring the stuff in. it was great and easy to do it with the brake booster and when it turned off i went on to do the rest. well somewhere on here i read how to do it but didnt print out the thing when i did do it. well at the moment i was so excited that i didnt think that crankcase meant through the oil dip stick...instead i put it in the oil cap! you know the one on the valve cover? well i realized that it was not the same thing when i had already poured 1/3 of the bottle down the valve cover! so i thought to myself...well it couldnt hurt...i'm still adding it to the oil. so i open the other bottle and pour 1/3 of it into the actual crank case (of course the other 1/3 of the first bottle went into the gas tank). wait about 45 to 1hr and start the car up. it was a rough start just like it said in the instructions and i started reving! well it sounded great, felt great and i even had a crowd watching with the wtf look on their face. lol well about 10 mins into the reving the sound changed...like it uncloged something. sounded deeper and the smoke stopped. well later i went for a drive (i let the car sit for about 2 hours) and when driving it i noticed the changes stated above...BUT about 4k right when the secondaries open up...the car starts to backfire and the spedometer jump like 2k! but when it does that the sound does not change besides the backfire of course. it only does it like two times...you know two bop bops but in every gear. so what did i fuck up guys? im thinking that i have a leak in my exhaust because the backfire sounds come from the engine bay and not the back side. what im thinking is that the seafoam unclogged this leak and thats where the backfire is comming from...but then again a leak would sound completly different. it wouldnt backfire would it?

im going to change my oil in about 200 mi as well as my spark plugs, maybe that would help.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Pico
06-20-2006, 06:28 AM
I've used seafoam a couple of times in my car but I havent used it in the crankcase yet, but from what I understand it thins out your engine oil.
Sorry can't help you out on why it's backfiring, but maybe the oil is too thinned out?

ghettogeddy
06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
its posible that it uncloged a leak in your exaust but i dont see that causing it to drop power that much

sunderland
06-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Based on Seafoam's suggested method of use, you didn't do anything wrong.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

mkymonkey
06-20-2006, 07:54 AM
well it does not say anything about putting it into the valve cover so....i dont know. and i do strongly believe that it freed up shit in my stock exhaust because i keep hearing the damn leak. well at least what i think sounds like a leak. it does this barapbarapbarapbarapbarap noise very softly at idle. you can barely hear it unless you really put your ear close to the engine and exhaust. this sucks. my car used to sound freaking nice and quite till i got on the throttle. now it sounds like the damn 17yr old machine that it is. :(

help!!!!!

3gn86lxi
06-20-2006, 10:25 AM
What sound does it make again..........??

thegreatdane
06-20-2006, 10:47 AM
lol it wont matter if you poor something either down the valve cover or down the oil dip stick hole it's unavoidably going to end up the same place.

crazykamper
06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
where can i get this stuff?? i dont wanna do what u did to make it backfire, but i sure as hell wanna clear up crap in my engine and what not...

FyreDaug
06-20-2006, 03:19 PM
You should not drive it with the seafoam in the engine... if its mixxed with the oil its cleaning out the shit in the crankcase, and you should pour it in a warm engine and let it IDLE for 10mins or so, then sit for about 10mins and drain the oil... I really wouldnt be drivign it with that in the oil

crazykamper
06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
oh, wow. so where can i get this stuff? i wanna see what kinda crap i got in my engine! lol. i will have to get it sometime this week. (if its not that expensive)

so basically, i put it in, let idle, let sit, then drain oil, and oil change?

sounds easy! lol.

cubert
06-20-2006, 03:43 PM
What sound does it make again..........??

:lol: :eek5: :lol:

AZmike
06-20-2006, 04:08 PM
You should not drive it with the seafoam in the engine... if its mixxed with the oil its cleaning out the shit in the crankcase, and you should pour it in a warm engine and let it IDLE for 10mins or so, then sit for about 10mins and drain the oil... I really wouldnt be drivign it with that in the oil

Why not follow the intructions on the can instead?

crazykamper
06-20-2006, 04:36 PM
lol ^ that works too. lol. where can i get this stuff? (nobody answered yet...) and how much is it?

gfrg88
06-20-2006, 04:37 PM
lol ^ that works too. lol. where can i get this stuff? (nobody answered yet...) and how much is it?

just local auto parts store, theyre around $8-10 around here.

crazykamper
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
alright, not to bad, thanks!! i will probably go tomorrow when i get a chance!!

mkymonkey
06-20-2006, 06:20 PM
i got it at autozone and paid 7.95 so it was cool. i also got the deep creep stuff.

crazykamper
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
whats the deep creep stuff?? what other crap do i have to get besides that stuff??? to clean out my engine?

reanimator420
06-20-2006, 06:48 PM
post some pics of the smoke so we can see how smoky it is

mkymonkey
06-20-2006, 09:22 PM
well it doesnt smoke anymore. the smoke was gone after the whole 10 mins of fumigating my neighborghood. anyway kamper the deep creep stuff is another seafoam product. it is used to spray inside the throttle body and inside the IM. let me get you the link where i read how to do all of this stuff. hold on a min

mkymonkey
06-20-2006, 09:27 PM
well here is the link for the one i originally read. it doesnt mentio deep creep but it does tell you how to use it.

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/carbon_cleaner_treatment_how-to.html

edit. ok i found the one that mentions deep creep

http://members.nuvox.net/~on.roz/cars/z28/seafoam.html

crazykamper
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
wait, on the first link, step 6 says:
6. Do not use on motors with over 150k on them.

i have like 200k miles, is it still usable? or should i just forget about it?

mkymonkey
06-23-2006, 04:34 PM
thats a lie....im ove 200 too..

crazykamper
06-24-2006, 06:44 AM
oh. lol. aight. i will prob do it sometime mon or tues....

mkymonkey
06-24-2006, 07:12 AM
ok so my freaking backfiring is not going away. i already changed the oil but i havent done the spark plugs yet so thats next...but i need to get paid first. and i dont know why but i still get a bit of smoke coming out of my car for the first few minutes after start up.

crazykamper
06-24-2006, 07:17 AM
wow. lol. its almost makin me not wanna do this, anyway to achieve this kinda cleaning, but NOT to have the backfiring and what not?

mkymonkey
06-24-2006, 07:29 AM
no i think this is just unique to me. i honestly think this is just an exhaust leak.

crazykamper
06-24-2006, 07:36 AM
oh, aight, so when i do this... how did you exactly do it? u just poured in 1/3 bottle under the oil cap???? did you do anything else? or just that?

mkymonkey
06-24-2006, 07:53 AM
no 1/3 goes through the brake booster. you have to feed it slowly then drown it till the engine dies.

after it turns off, pour 1/3 of it through the oil dip stick lil pipe thing.

then the rest into the gas tank. it says to let it sit for 15 mins but i let it sit for almost an hour. some guys here let it sit 24 hours before they do anything. so its up to you really.

crazykamper
06-24-2006, 08:12 AM
oh, wow. aight.
lol. newbish q, where is the break booster. lol. ( i know where the dip stick and gas tank are. lol.)

mkymonkey
06-24-2006, 09:26 AM
its the biggest hose that goes from the IM to the uh...brake booster. looks like a lil plastic can thing. its really not hard to miss

Vanilla Sky
06-24-2006, 09:17 PM
oddball question, but do you still hve your cat? i know you're in CA, but that doesn't really mean anything. my truck did the same thing after seafoam. it clogged my cat and it blew out. now i have a horrible leaky exhaust right before my cat. it still flows some, but not nearly as well as it should. that's what i'd check.

mkymonkey
06-24-2006, 09:58 PM
yes i do still have a cat. i was thinking something along the same lines as a clogged cat. but even if it is...its ok im going to be installing my new exhaust hopefully soon. like within the next month or so. i already have a muffler, the headers, just need a cat and of course the piping. oh and im going with a high flow

2ndGenGuy
06-24-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't think I'd ever put this stuff in my car. Why do you need to "clean" out your engine when they already run 300,000+ miles without any problems? I think that if this stuff really worked, then the manufacturers would be pushing people to run it in thier engines and doing it during service intervals. It sounds like it would be a cheap, easy way to improve the reliability of a car. So if that were true, why wouldn't the manufacturers suggest it?

mkymonkey
06-25-2006, 12:22 AM
i guess cuz its been a secret since 1942. i have seen it featured on two guys garage on the speed channel. so i know other people endorse it

Acid X
06-25-2006, 12:39 AM
I forgot to mention, check your oxygen sensors. Matt says he was having the same sort of problem when he painted his headers and then installed them. He got paint inside the header and it caused the oxygen sensors to get messed up..

What he did was take the oxygen sensors out, use some lemon juice (from a real lemon) on them (the acids help clear out the sensor i guess) and let them dry out and re install them...

or buy new ones.

keruhas184
09-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Just fed my 5G a can of the good stuff. After a bit of smoking, it revs like a bike now. F'ing awesome. I wonder how long it will take for the check engine light to go off...

mkymonkey
09-30-2006, 12:15 AM
lol ^

your check engine light came on? wtf....check for some codes, you might have clogged 02 sensors...i know i did

frantik
09-30-2006, 02:15 AM
man it seems like everybody who uses this on our cars has problems afterward lol

mkymonkey
09-30-2006, 04:56 AM
well it tells you right on the bottle not to use it on cars that have over 100k mi on it :D

Pico
09-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah you have to be carefull using this stuff. It did miracles to my old engine but it also clogged my PCV Valve...:(
Causing my pan gasket and valve cover gasket to start leaking....:rant:

Jasonf860
09-30-2006, 07:55 AM
It should be noted that Seafoam is not recomended to be used on engines with over 150k on the clock... I'd say that is a lot of us!

MessyHonda
09-30-2006, 08:17 AM
my boss has had over 30 cars in his lifetime....i showed him the stuff and he told me not to put it in the oil....he told me at best put it on the gas tank.....i did feel a deference ....i put it the day b4 the SF meet and now the car reves faster. it also bumped my MPG to like 35 but the next fill it i only got 32mpg...anyways ....i dont have a problem...i might put some on my dx to see if it passes smog check.

Pico
09-30-2006, 08:20 AM
I wonder if this will work for you Messy
http://www.blueskycleanair.com/pass.html?CFID=7886370&CFTOKEN=16410948

snoopyloopy
09-30-2006, 08:42 AM
hmm...so theoritically, we could "start" a "company" and "manufacture" crap for our cars like cai and get a smog legal sticker on them.

keruhas184
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
your check engine light came on? wtf....check for some codes, you might have clogged 02 sensors...i know i did

Most likely I did. It's time to replace them anyway, so I ordered a pair of NGK ones. I'll replace the pcv valve, spark plugs and the fuel filter at the same time for good measure. My goal is to get 30mpg while revving her up to 5k more often than not.

frantik
09-30-2006, 08:05 PM
well it tells you right on the bottle not to use it on cars that have over 100k mi on it :D

lol i know.. but you said yourself "thats a lie" at the top of page two of this thread :D :D

DDRaptor
09-30-2006, 09:56 PM
So from what i have read seafoam is great but you have to make sure you change all the filters, on the lines that your running it trough. and maybe even taking your exhaust off until it goes through your system. cause i have a stock cat so i will be betting that it will happen to me. ANother question if you putting in the brake booster hose do you have to bleed the brakes later, just a newb question.

Pico
09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
So from what i have read seafoam is great but you have to make sure you change all the filters, on the lines that your running it trough. and maybe even taking your exhaust off until it goes through your system. cause i have a stock cat so i will be betting that it will happen to me. ANother question if you putting in the brake booster hose do you have to bleed the brakes later, just a newb question.
It's get suck thru the intake by using the booster hose so you dont have to bleed the brakes :D

mkymonkey
10-01-2006, 07:48 AM
yeah you just unplug the hose FROM the brake booster. leave it plugged into the intake mani and let it suck it up. i liked how the engine sounds like its drinking it lol

DDRaptor
10-01-2006, 10:30 AM
dude, i have to try this. I usally pump some Gunk 5 minute motor flush before the oil change, but maybe a bottle seafoam will do a much better job.
i will have to do this sometime soon. but i will have to have 2 new fuel filters, an oil change, oil filter. etc. cause i see this thing is just super cleaner.

MessyHonda
10-01-2006, 10:57 AM
yeah you just unplug the hose FROM the brake booster. leave it plugged into the intake mani and let it suck it up. i liked how the engine sounds like its drinking it lol

got to try it on my dx

mkymonkey
10-01-2006, 11:03 AM
the car does respond a lot better...but yeah i would recommend to just get ready to do a tune up....change all the filters right after. on the bottle it says to do it 500 mi before an oil change so the engine carries it and puts it through its system...then change the oil and shit. it also says that it might plug up old o2 sensors and cats...which it did to me :(

2ndGenGuy
10-01-2006, 11:14 AM
My friend just put some of this stuff in his car. About 30 minutes after draining it and putting fresh oil back in, his engine ate a bearing. I think the thing is that this stuff is so thin, it cleans all the oil out of your bearings and it probably takes a little time to get the oil back in there. Also, think about if it cleans gunk and crap out of your engine, where does it wind up going? It gets circulated with your oil and gets into everything.

I think its probably going to work fine for say 9 out of 10 people. But I'd sure hate to be the 10th guy like my buddy. Of course, if you just run it though your gas, and intake manifold, it will probably not hurt anything. I would just avoid the crankcase.

mkymonkey
10-01-2006, 11:21 AM
lol dude, when i ran it through my car i had a 5 inch high pile of carbon right under the tail pipe. then when drained my oil it was also kinda gunky.....

i guess i must have been the 9.5 guy cuz it didnt fuck a lot of shit up but it did work. and most of the people that have used it swear by it...so i just HAD to try it. lol

i guess it might just depend on how well taken care of your engine is...

2ndGenGuy
10-01-2006, 11:01 PM
lol dude, when i ran it through my car i had a 5 inch high pile of carbon right under the tail pipe. then when drained my oil it was also kinda gunky.....

i guess i must have been the 9.5 guy cuz it didnt fuck a lot of shit up but it did work. and most of the people that have used it swear by it...so i just HAD to try it. lol

i guess it might just depend on how well taken care of your engine is...

Thats true. I would put money on the condition of the engine also making a big difference. His engine probably died because it was a Volkswagen. :eatarrow:

BITESIZE
10-02-2006, 12:08 AM
When I used it on my car....you couldn't even see the neighborhood from all the white smoke coming out of my tail pipe. The neighbors were probably thinking my car was on fire. lol

DDRaptor
10-02-2006, 07:09 PM
so what would it do if i were to put like 1/2 can in it, DON"T DRIVE and the rest in the brake booster, and another bottle put 1/2 in the gas tank, Run it for about 20-30 mins. then change the fuel filters, oil filter, new oil, think that would work or will fubar something.

Hey i just don't fell very comfy drving around hundreds of miles with gunk floating around.

mkymonkey
10-03-2006, 01:33 AM
well just drive it for a day...just to get it through the system. at the end of the day just change everything

Tailfin
10-03-2006, 04:03 AM
Seafoam is decent stuff, but if you want a superior blast, get a can of GM top engine cleaner. Yeah, I know, I'm in a traitorous position here, but the stuff works, and you can grab it at a GM dealer for maybe 2 bucks more than Seafoam.

It should be noted, when you do a job like this, it is possible to foul the spark plugs if you have a lot of gunk in there, and possibly gum up the cat. I don't think this applies here, but if you have an air pump to the cat, make sure it's disconnected before pouring the juice down the vacuum lines. If you just put new plugs in, I'd suggest getting some $2 crap-tastic ones from Wally World for the purpose. If there isn't a lot of buildup, it should not be a big deal though.

Also, make damn sure you don't pour too fast, or pour too much in... Too much of a liquid in the combustion chamber can cause hydrolocking...and ohhhh what a mess you'll have then.

accord upset
10-03-2006, 06:52 AM
so how likely is it to stop up a new cat? i just put a new cat on like 2 months ago. i was thinking bout this stuff but also everything in my engine is pretty much new, im carbed so not really worried bout the 02 sensor as of right now but i definatly dont wanna pull the cat off too much trouble.

Tailfin
10-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I can just tell you I broke that rule a couple times lol...and I haven't noticed an actual problem that I could detect with the cat...and like I said, it's more important if you have an air line to the cat, when you can get some of the actual cleaner in it. After you do the cleaning, just floor it a few times down the road...that will help blow loose stuff out the exhaust as well as burn the carbon out.

The more important thing is don't hydrolock the engine, like I said. If you follow instructions, you'll probably be fine, but DO NOT pour in any more after the engine stops, or a cat will be the least of your worries....:violin:

88Accord-DX
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Working for a used car dealership, I use Seafoam on cars that haven't been maintained properly. (flushing Intrepids mainly, they tend to have oil sludge buildup)

Other than that, haven't had no complaints so far.

superdesi
11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Seafoam is decent stuff, but if you want a superior blast, get a can of GM top engine cleaner. Yeah, I know, I'm in a traitorous position here, but the stuff works, and you can grab it at a GM dealer for maybe 2 bucks more than Seafoam.

It should be noted, when you do a job like this, it is possible to foul the spark plugs if you have a lot of gunk in there, and possibly gum up the cat. I don't think this applies here, but if you have an air pump to the cat, make sure it's disconnected before pouring the juice down the vacuum lines. If you just put new plugs in, I'd suggest getting some $2 crap-tastic ones from Wally World for the purpose. If there isn't a lot of buildup, it should not be a big deal though.

Also, make damn sure you don't pour too fast, or pour too much in... Too much of a liquid in the combustion chamber can cause hydrolocking...and ohhhh what a mess you'll have then.
Tailfin, I couldn't have said it better. Excellent advice & info. Tested & tried.

2oodoor
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Tailfin, I couldn't have said it better. Excellent advice & info. Tested & tried.
Yes dam right it was, and the guy saz he works at a conveinence store.... :huh:

Tailfin u know way too much about cars, you ain't fooling me!!!
Regarding the subject of the thread, I would never use any of that crap in my crankcase , ever. You have to be crazy stupid, unless your working on like somebody elses car, like ddude2uc, maybe on a clogged up car. If I buy a car that needs cleaning, I just start using Castrol GTX motor oil in it and keep changing it , after a few months the inside is clean as a whistle.
top end cleaning is a whole other story, yes it is very recommended at any mileage. that is the one thru the intake, shoot the cleaner thru the brake booster or pvc large vacuum intake points.

Sabz5150
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
I basically followed the instructions on an LS1 site.

1. Put some in your tank. Easy.

2. Warm the engine up. Disconnect your brake booster line and put a funnel in it. Slowly pour the seafoam down the funnel, making sure not to stall the engine. Enjoy the smoke show while doing this. Once you are almost finished with the (half or third) of the can, dump the rest in and force the engine to stall. Wait 20 minutes. Start car. Lightly rev the engine. Enjoy the bigger smoke show. Do this for 20 minutes. Drive the balls off your car until smoke is gone.

I noticed instant results. I haven't put any in the crankcase because I'm waiting until I need to change the oil. I'll drive a good 20-30 miles with it in there, change the oil and all should be good.

If your engine backfires and the tach jumps like that, it might not be the seafoam.

POS carb
11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
i don'te feel like reading the last two pages...

If you haven't lost the backfiring it's probably from the shit you poured in the gas tank, you have to let the tank run almost empty then refill it to the top with gasoline

Oil cap, dipstick, same thing. the only reason I could think of is so that it is evenly distributed through the oil instead of all over your #4 cylinder valvetrain

Please stop using the magic plankton engine cleaner.

Best way to clean your engine is keep the oil changed.

Wesleypipes13380
01-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't think I'd ever put this stuff in my car. Why do you need to "clean" out your engine when they already run 300,000+ miles without any problems? I think that if this stuff really worked, then the manufacturers would be pushing people to run it in thier engines and doing it during service intervals. It sounds like it would be a cheap, easy way to improve the reliability of a car. So if that were true, why wouldn't the manufacturers suggest it?
Then who would buy a new car?

person1029384756
02-10-2007, 05:04 PM
If the brake booster hose is attatched only to one intake runner like #1 cyl, DON'T USE THAT HOSE. The cleaner will be only sucked into one cylinder, more than likely hydrolocking the motor. My friend did this to his B18A1 in his integra and bent #1 connecting rod. He was using the AC delco cleaner rather than seafoam but they are practically the same. A free combustion cleaning method is to find a small vacuum hose and dip it periodicaly in a cup of cold water while holding an engine speed of about 2k rpm. The water will turn to steam and will steam clean the carbon build up in your combustion chamber. This method does work. Have you ever removed a cylinder head from an engine that had a bad head gasket causing a coolant leak into one or more cylinders? The affected cylinders are usually spotless. Just make sure you don't hold the vacuum hose in the cup to long. You only need enough water entering the engine to make steam.

forrest89sei
02-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I used it on my 1986 LX with 206,000 and it worked well.

a bunch of carbon fell out of the exhaust.

but the car smoked for an hour and it did kill the almost dead cat.

so dont use it with a new exhaust!

Pico
02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
No problems using it either and I did twice to my old engine when it was at 180,000 miles or so and again at about 210,000 and it ran good til the day I pulled the engine out and still running good in my friends 3G.

skycam_313
02-10-2007, 06:31 PM
damn i gotta try this stuff..................... but im not sure.
i mean........ look @ my miles:nervous: :banghead: :help:

hotdoghogie
02-10-2007, 10:39 PM
omfg i have tryed to look up seafoam!... is it a product u can buy at autozone???

wtf does it doooow... help

and it goes like what again? brabrbar sumthin?

hotdoghogie
02-10-2007, 10:39 PM
omfg i have tryed to look up seafoam!... is it a product u can buy at autozone???

MessyHonda
02-11-2007, 12:12 AM
yeah autozone has it...its like 6.50 a can

mkymonkey
02-11-2007, 03:48 AM

wow you suck at searching

alboy86
02-11-2007, 09:18 PM
ive used it but i didnt put it in the brake booster i poured it through the carb and in the gas tank i have like 165,000 miles and the engines in perfect shape you guys think if i try it itll mess anything up

alboy86
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
one dumb question i have i was wondering where the best place would be to put the stuff in the engine im carb i pulled the one and only brake booster off and it stalled the car is there another line or should i put it down the carb

MessyHonda
02-15-2007, 09:00 PM
i let the car run and warm up and then put like 1/4th of it down the carb and started her up like 5 mins later......LOTS OF SMOKE

mkymonkey
02-15-2007, 09:23 PM
i believe its SUPPOSED to stall the car. actually youre supposed to let the car "drink" it and then stall it...let the car sit for about an hour (24 is better) and start it up. youre going to have to pump it cuz it wont want to start

once it starts.....thats when the fun begins.....rev the shit out of it :D

Ichiban
02-16-2007, 10:05 AM
If the brake booster hose is attatched only to one intake runner like #1 cyl, DON'T USE THAT HOSE. The cleaner will be only sucked into one cylinder, more than likely hydrolocking the motor. My friend did this to his B18A1 in his integra and bent #1 connecting rod. He was using the AC delco cleaner rather than seafoam but they are practically the same. A free combustion cleaning method is to find a small vacuum hose and dip it periodicaly in a cup of cold water while holding an engine speed of about 2k rpm. The water will turn to steam and will steam clean the carbon build up in your combustion chamber. This method does work. Have you ever removed a cylinder head from an engine that had a bad head gasket causing a coolant leak into one or more cylinders? The affected cylinders are usually spotless. Just make sure you don't hold the vacuum hose in the cup to long. You only need enough water entering the engine to make steam.

This makes far more sense than putting solvents into my oil. I've also heard of mechanics stalling an engine by feeding automatic transmission fluid through the intake, letting her sit, then firing up and revving the bag off of it. Supposed to be a good way to clean the crap off of the chambers.

Kevii
08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Ah i just bought a can of this so i can use with my F/I Engine. So my gas tank is almost full and looking at it...it looks kinda hard to pour it in. Did you guys use a funnel? And so you add 1/3 to the gas tank, 1/3 into the oil thing? (Valve on teh top) , and another 1/3 into wah? Brake booster ?? What is that

WOW I DUG this thread up OOPS LOL

mkymonkey
08-04-2007, 05:28 PM
well since you dug the thread up, read it. pretty much should answer your questions.

Kevii
08-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Just to make sure, The intake manifold is that thing that says PGM-FI thing right? And the brake booster is that huge line from the tip near the drivers side that goes in and is about 1 inch thick. From what ive read looks like I'm not gonna be pouring into the oil crankthing ...for now...Maybe 1/2 into gas tank and the other half into the Boosterline. So i put 1/2 of it into the gas tank, start the engine, PLug out the booster line and slowly pour it in..i guess with a funnel or without since its so thick. SLowly and slowly and hopefully the engine goes gulp gulp gulp. THen itll shut off by itself? ANd i plug the boosterline back in and let it sit for some hours and all and then start it up and rev it like a bitch vroom vroom. And voila? Cool

Pico
08-04-2007, 09:27 PM
you can do it this way:
pour half of the seafoam into a cup.
stick the hose from the booster and sit it in the cup, when you start the engine it will get sucked into the engine.

Kevii
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh thats clever. Thanks for that, and it'll stop sucking in once the engine dies right? So then i can pour the rest into the gas tank

Pico
08-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh thats clever. Thanks for that, and it'll stop sucking in once the engine dies right? So then i can pour the rest into the gas tank
Yup :D

Kevii
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Sweet thanks ;]. Hope i can get to come to your shop one day and do stuffs. Never see you on AIM ._.

Pico
08-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Sweet thanks ;]. Hope i can get to come to your shop one day and do stuffs. Never see you on AIM ._.
Yeah come on over if you get a chance.
I hardly ever go on aim or yahoo chat, whenever I do everyone pm's me and I cant type fast enough to keep up with everyone :lol:

Kevii
08-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Alright one day I'll head on over so to hang for maybe half an hour ^^ i think your place is an hour away. Hit you a PM one day. Lol

Pico
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
cool,
you drive up with frantik

MessyHonda
08-05-2007, 12:51 AM
cool,
you drive up with frantik

so yeah sorry to be OT but we need a BBQ meet. my mom said she is willing to cook since you always help me out.

bubba g
08-08-2007, 07:07 AM
If you have alot of miles I don't think you want to do this. I had a customer at a shop I was working at that wanted his engine treated GM Top Engine Cleaner, Basically the same stuff but in my opinion a little better. I dumped it down the throttle body and let it sit. Started it and it smoked like you describe but it never quit. It disolved all the carbon off the rings and caused major blow by. His engine was junk! Of course he blamed the shop for tearing up his car, so from then on we warned customers before we did it that it may cause weak point in the engine to get worse.

Kevii
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Orly thats crazy. How many miles are you talking about

DaveTheAve
08-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Question!!!

Did it look like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2IKrHOVgU8

MessyHonda
08-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Question!!!

Did it look like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2IKrHOVgU8

yeah but with out the rice.

DaveTheAve
08-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah seriously, though I have to tell you, if I ever got a body-kit for free.... I'D USE IT!

... but I won't and I'm not spending that kind of money.

MessyHonda
08-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah seriously, though I have to tell you, if I ever got a body-kit for free.... I'D USE IT!

... but I won't and I'm not spending that kind of money.

lol yeah i got really lucky and i found this same kit around my area. i had to go pick it up right away.

here is a pic of the same kit.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f161/Toneloc914/IMG_0577internet.jpg

DaveTheAve
08-11-2007, 09:03 AM
How much??? I'd pay MAYBE $150, but I know they go for $500 used.

Edit: DAMN thats a nice 3g... body kit costs more than it though. LOL!!

MessyHonda
08-11-2007, 09:54 AM
How much??? I'd pay MAYBE $150, but I know they go for $500 used.

Edit: DAMN thats a nice 3g... body kit costs more than it though. LOL!!

retail price for the kit is around 700-800 if you can find it. they stop making it. '

that is ToneLoc car he won accord of the month last year i believe.