PDA

View Full Version : Majestic

LUX88LXI
06-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey, I was looking at their parts online yesterday and I was wondering if anyone actually buys stuff from them... The prices are absolutely outrageous! Im looking for a new headliner for my car and it was like $200?!?

ghettogeddy
06-20-2006, 08:25 AM
were

Fuzy Navel
06-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I have bought tons of parts from them lol they are high but some stuff you cant get anywhere else... I have bought my strut bushings and replacment bolts from them and i bought the thing thingey but the dizzy were the temp sensoring connect to cant remember the name of it... i have bought gaskets and everything... they so far are pretty cool... i live next to a dealer so they can deliver to the dealer or my place

ghettogeddy
06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
like i said from were whats the web addy

Fuzy Navel
06-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Majectic honda http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Its just a honda dealership that sales almost every single part for your car at a very high price...........

ghettogeddy
06-20-2006, 11:35 AM
cool i like buying oem parts there hard to get any ways but im gona see if they have the trunk board and carpet

AZmike
06-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Majectic honda http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Its just a honda dealership that sales almost every single part for your car at a very high price...........

Their 'very high price' is still about 30% less than a local Honda dealer would typically charge.

AccordEpicenter
06-20-2006, 02:16 PM
that is true. I got my water pump/timing belt, some o rings and seals, front/rear main seal, cam seal, and a few other key items and it was like 200 shipped.

lostforawhile
06-20-2006, 02:56 PM
they are pretty reasonable on most parts,it's not their fault on the interior parts,they have to pay for the parts from honda too. they just make a percentage of profit. honda motor company is very proud of their interior parts apparently,those parts are going to be high at any dealer. try parts train

w261w261
06-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Majestic is a Honda dealer in RI. They take the Honda list price and whack 25% off of it. There's a one-time-per-order charge of about $5, so it isn't economic to buy just one less expensive thing from them. Their shipping is fast, they let you know if something has to be back ordered (with our cars that's often the case), and their prices are the best that I've found for genuine Honda stuff. Torrington Honda, a dealer in CT, is 20% off Honda list.

Honda prices are high, but you are paying for Honda quality. Whether that's what you need is up to you. Me, I've been buying way more Honda stuff in the past couple of years than before, just because I know that it's good stuff. Sometimes the labor component of a job is high enough that you don't want to take a chance with the quality of the part.

lostforawhile
06-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Majestic is a Honda dealer in RI. They take the Honda list price and whack 25% off of it. There's a one-time-per-order charge of about $5, so it isn't economic to buy just one less expensive thing from them. Their shipping is fast, they let you know if something has to be back ordered (with our cars that's often the case), and their prices are the best that I've found for genuine Honda stuff. Torrington Honda, a dealer in CT, is 20% off Honda list.
Honda prices are high, but you are paying for Honda quality. Whether that's what you need is up to you. Me, I've been buying way more Honda stuff in the past couple of years than before, just because I know that it's good stuff. Sometimes the labor component of a job is high enough that you don't want to take a chance with the quality of the part.they had a mistake on their site last week,they were selling genuine honda brake calipers for our cars for only 8700 dollars apice. YIKES!!!

Bglad420
06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I get my parts cheaper from Honda, but thats because I get a discount through my bussiness...neener neener.... My buddy ordered some stuff from them once and they didn't send him all his stuff.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
$200 for a new headliner from honda expensive? what are you retarded. I'm sorry, but OEM stuff is expensive for a reason. Go try and get a new headliner made for less than that that will look better than oem, probably not going to happen.

they had a mistake on their site last week,they were selling genuine honda brake calipers for our cars for only 8700 dollars apice. YIKES!!!

I believe thatd for the rear calipers because honda no longer makes them, and when they did a couple years back they were $400 each.

Fuzy Navel
06-20-2006, 06:59 PM
See if you can find a good salavged head liner... thats what i did with my caddy... took me awhile but i found one

lostforawhile
06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
$200 for a new headliner from honda expensive? what are you retarded. I'm sorry, but OEM stuff is expensive for a reason. Go try and get a new headliner made for less than that that will look better than oem, probably not going to happen.
I believe that for the rear calipers because honda no longer makes them, and when they did a couple years back they were $400 each.these were for front,and even if they are discontinued they wouldn't be 8700 dollars,as far as the headliner,best bet is to check with upholstery shops,you can also get a headliner for this car from JC whitney. usually OEM upholstery is so much because most people go to an upholstery shop to have an interior redone.

lostforawhile
06-20-2006, 07:31 PM
heres the link to the jc whitney catalog,last time I checked they still made them,they also have a rigid plastic formed headliner. that has possibilties http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2002941/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2002941/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=headliners.

w261w261
06-21-2006, 06:56 AM
they had a mistake on their site last week,they were selling genuine honda brake calipers for our cars for only 8700 dollars apice. YIKES!!!

Sometimes those bs prices are because of the way the computer is set up. If you go to the rebuilt section they'll have the right price.