PDA

View Full Version : a/c dont work nomore

89BlackH-Back
08-26-2002, 09:12 AM
my heater works great but my a/c jus stopped working like around july wtf is going on, my dad said i should sell my car because fri-on is mad expensive, i told him he should sell his drug habit im not selling my car so what do i need to get my a/c back in busniess?

shepherd79
08-26-2002, 09:36 AM
well you can just take to a shop and they fill it it up and check to leaks.
or you could take the belt out and free up some HP.

ACCORD EX
08-26-2002, 11:56 AM
WORST things in a car ! ( expensive and difficult to work on) :(

1. POWER STEERING
2. AC

MIKE

89BlackH-Back
08-26-2002, 04:28 PM
shepard i know that would free up hp but my ac wont work if i do that right

AZmike
08-26-2002, 10:44 PM
No, your A/C won't work without the belt. You'll hardly save any power by pulling off the belt. Without the A/C on, it pulls practically no power from your engine. If you decide not to fix it you can remove the whole system from your car. You'd be more likely to notice the performance of your lighter car than a fraction of an HP that you'd get from removing the belt and leaving the system intact. Of course if you want to make it work again you really do need to take it to a shop to figure out where the system is leaking since R12 is so expensive.

Also, I disagree with Accord EX. The PS system isn't so bad to fix. The A/C is a bitch though. At least you can see where the PS leak is. Freon just disappears.

89BlackH-Back
08-27-2002, 12:05 PM
so is it water leaking that im looking for or is it that freeon or r12 shit

locknload68
08-27-2002, 12:18 PM
You won't find the leak by just looking for it. Freon evaporates as soon as it leaves the system. You need a leak detector or to take it to a shop.