PDA

View Full Version : ideas?

crazykamper
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
i have an 8'' Rockford fosgate laying around in a box, (its made for a truck...)

my question is, where could i put this, that i would still be able to hear it, and where it wouldnt be in the way....

i was thinking on the rear deck, inbetween the 2 rear speakers, (cut out a big 8'' hole in the rear deck) but i dont know how that would work out. i can get a new box (or create one)... im just looking for ideas. lemme know.

i will probably be upgrading to a HUGE system some very long away day, i just have this laying around, so why not use it?

Sabz5150
06-22-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a pair of Fosgate 8's in my car (they were free, okay?! LOL) in a custom bandpass and they hammer for being itty bitty speaks.

Cutting a hole in the center of the rear deck would cause more trouble than its really worth. Plus that type of speaker is not free air.

Just keep it in the box and stuff it in the trunk. It'll give you a little thump.

crazykamper
06-22-2006, 06:20 PM
what kinda amp are u running it with?? i dont want to go all out, cause i will be upgrading later.....

ghettogeddy
06-22-2006, 06:25 PM
i have a old 75 watt fosgate in the closet it might be enough for it

crazykamper
06-22-2006, 06:37 PM
really?? how much for it?? and how much for ship? pm me or something....

i dont got much at all, so if its like over 20$, i probably cant.....

i might as well get the amp from mkymonkey for 25, if he still has it...

ghettogeddy
06-22-2006, 06:46 PM
ya mines an old school power id have to say like 50 or so + shipping

crazykamper
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
dang, thats too much, oh well, try the for sale area, maybe someone will want it.... thanks though!

chainz
06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Someone on here said it is risky to put subs in the rear deck cause it could blow out your back window. Don't know if it's true... don't think it's worth the risk to find out.

crazykamper
06-23-2006, 08:17 AM
yeah, good point. lol. i think ill prob just pick up that amp from mkymonkey, and see what will happen. lol. w.e. if anything, all it is is a lil more bass! lol.

Ludi Mali
06-23-2006, 10:23 AM
you could always build a small box for the front passenger floor or directly behind the center console in the back seat so that its level to the seat if you don't mind losing the ability for someone to slide over. other than something crazy like that the trunk is your next best bet.

crazykamper
06-23-2006, 10:36 AM
i was also thinking the passneger footwell. but as is its already lacking a lil space..... i will probably figure somethin out, i was probably thinkin taking out my back seat completely, cause i dont drive many people around, we shall see. (might as well keep it, looks ugly with it gone...)

had a q, is this thing any good, and has anybody had any experience with it???

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=267-766