PDA

View Full Version : ES and ET DCOE x2 Manifolds??

2ndGenGuy
06-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Okay, so I'm browsing trying to find info on my current Weber setup. I come across Redline Weber's website. I went to Honda to see what they have. At the very bottom is the ProLine Ultimate Street Performer manifolds. It shows a DCOEx2 manifold for the 83-86 Accord, but for engines it says 1.6(!) ES and ET engines.

If you go to this page you'll see it at the bottom.
http://www.redlineweber.com/html/application_guide/HONDA.htm

Now the 1.6 ES and ET engines are from Canadian models, I'm assuming. Also assuming non-CVCC? Are the intake ports the same on the heads as the ES2? I didn't even really know that they made 1.6 liter ES and ET engines. Wikipedia doesn't even mention a 1.6.

Whats going on?

carotman
06-23-2006, 05:30 AM
Yeah, the canadian Accords didn't have the CVCC system. I guess we were lucky in a way :D

offthahook
06-23-2006, 05:35 AM
I believe they are still CVCC. You are correct that Canada got 1.6L engines whereas the USDM models got 1829cc models. The 84 Accord I have (which has the same 1.8L engine as yours) is still CVCC. There are 2 different factory intake manifolds used on the 84 and 85 ES2 Accords; I don't know the difference between them or why Honda did it like that. I don't think they are interchangeable though. Hope that helps you out a little.

PhydeauX
06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
That chart looks pretty crappy. It lists manidolds for the 1.6L ET 16valve 74 honda prelude.... The prelude started in 78, it had 8 valves, and I believe the engine code was EF (what ever it was it was the same motor, or at least in the same series, as the motor in the 1g accord).

There used to be a much more accurate chart at pierce manifolds, but they seem to have trimmed the honda section alot. Redline might have discontinued the manifolds, I'm not sure. They used to make manifolds for the 2g preludes with the 1.8L ES and ET engines (these were seperate kits, as the motors don't use the same manifold). The ES kit would fit the 2g accord. I believe they also had manifolds for the 1g accord and prelude as well as a kit that fit the early 2g accords with the EK engine. I wouldn't be surprised if all of these kits have been discontinued, there problaby hasn't been demand for them in almost 20 years.

andy