PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick transmission help...

JakeEXLS
06-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok, firstly, i have searched quite a bit.

What im after, is i just need to know weather the a18a auto trans will bolt to the jdm b18a engine, and where to find the transmission number?

Thanks guys :)

A18A
06-23-2006, 08:04 PM
i seen a thread a lil while ago and this guy made a tranny adapter so his A series boxes to fit onto his B serious engine (something like that) so i dont think it will bolt straight up... could be wrong though

this wasnt a 3gee either

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok, firstly, i have searched quite a bit.
What im after, is i just need to know weather the a18a auto trans will bolt to the jdm b18a engine, and where to find the transmission number?
Thanks guys :)
No it will not fit the B18a and B20a share the same trany.Those tranys are unique they will fit any other motor but the B18a and B20a JDM Here the trany numbers that will work Go Here> http://3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11809

JakeEXLS
06-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey cheers Twoloudnproud - sorry to seem like such a noob question, but after spending a good hour looking between the net and the car, i just had to ask!! Now i can tell the buyer that it wont fit his car... damn lol.

Overdosed - Thanks too, and by the way i havnt forgotton about your carb, im in the process of pulling the car to pieces... much fun :D