PDA

View Full Version : Axle leak problem (axle will not go in the tranny)

Legend_master
06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok I have been trying to get this axle to go in the tanny on an 87 LXI with an 86 BT motor in it. The axle goes almost all the way in an then stops right before it gets in there. It is the drivers side axle and I know it is the right one. I really need to get this fixed, but I can't seem to figure out why it will not go in there. I have taken a sledge to it and that did nothing. Any help would be appreciated

Legend_master
06-25-2006, 10:11 AM
ok I took the end off the axle and tried cramming it into the tranny . It still dosnet go all the way in. I even tried removing the snap ring and placing it in the tranny and there was still no luck. I just dont understand how the same axle will not work that was in there before. The only difference is that I am running an Auto Passenger side axle, but that one fits perfectly.

AccordEpicenter
06-25-2006, 10:33 AM
check to see that the splines near the clip on the end that fits in the tranny arent pinched into the groove where the clip sits on end, i had that happen to me once and it wouldnt go in no matter what you do. Dont take a sledge to it or youre gonna break the tranny case

Legend_master
06-25-2006, 11:03 AM
check to see that the splines near the clip on the end that fits in the tranny arent pinched into the groove where the clip sits on end, i had that happen to me once and it wouldnt go in no matter what you do. Dont take a sledge to it or youre gonna break the tranny case

Thanks I will check that, I hit it once with a sledge and it dident budge so I quit doing that.