PDA

View Full Version : does any one how to make sleepy lights

hangloose
06-24-2006, 02:06 PM
does any one how to make sleepy lights....:huh:

labeledsk8r
06-24-2006, 02:36 PM
i have helped do it on a ford probe and a 240sx but never really looked it up for the accord, i figured it wouldent look right considering the light caseing has the front bend on top instead of the flat top like the probes, and 240sx's if i get time i will check it out, it cant be hard to do

gfrg88
06-24-2006, 03:41 PM
right behing the cars lights there should be a little knob that you manually put the lights up or down, just put them to wherever yo want and youve got sleepy eyes ;)

Acid X
06-24-2006, 05:11 PM
But you have to pull the fuse for the light motors otherwise they'll just go all the way up and then back down.. Don't ask me where its at because i've never attempted this.

3gn86lxi
06-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Looks stupid on a 3gee.

ghettogeddy
06-24-2006, 06:05 PM
we have done it to mine once before it dosent look all that good but insted of messing with the knob just have someone pull the fuse while your opening the lights with the button on the dash

hangloose
06-24-2006, 07:11 PM
any got pics of 3gee wit sleepy lights

mkymonkey
06-24-2006, 07:43 PM
trust us...it does not look right. actually it looks like the car is retarded rather than sleepy

ghettogeddy
06-24-2006, 07:52 PM
a down sedrome 3gee hahahahahahahaha

3gn86lxi
06-24-2006, 09:18 PM
trust us...it does not look right. actually it looks like the car is retarded rather than sleepy
Yep, I agree with the monkey........shit, sorry Adrian. Cpt Morgans talking tonight....lol

Cheeseburger
06-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Looks stupid on a 3gee.

:werd:

HondaBoy
06-26-2006, 09:36 AM
yeah, i tried the sleepy eyes for a day and thought it looked retarded. some people did like it though, but i really didnt. i did so by taking the fuses out that are in the engine bay fuse box then turning the manual adjustment to make them sleepy. i working on fixed head lights right now though.

bobafett
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Looks stupid on a 3gee.
:thumbdn:

he's right!

2ndGenGuy
06-26-2006, 02:01 PM
It looks wierd because the lights rotate up instead of popping up. So you wind up with headlights that are pointed down at a 45 degree angle, and the tops of the lights are flat.

2drSE-i
06-26-2006, 09:35 PM
maybe thats how i can realign my headlight, cuz at the moment it hovers half an inch up from the bumper. pull the fuse and manually adjust and hope it stays that way.

A20A3quippedbeast
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
does any one how to make sleepy lights....:huh:
hm. unrelated to the topic, but im african too. morocco

mkymonkey
06-30-2006, 01:19 AM
here's a how to on the sleepy eyes mod (http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/9755/sleepy.htm)

and this is what an accord looks like with them:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/462000-462999/462427_59_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/462000-462999/462427_60_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_41_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_46_full.jpg

http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3983&d=1105988367

http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3986&d=1105988499

i guess this one looks better because of the projector lights he used...but then again this is a lude
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/425000-425999/425224_217_full.jpg

does this make you guys feel better? it looks odd to me...completly weird.

A18A
06-30-2006, 01:34 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww there ugly this 1 looks the best:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3983&d=1105988367
the lude is the best though, and those projectors do make it look better :D

i just dont think the 3gee has a flat enough bonnet for it to look good

is The Stig taking the 3gee around the top gear track?

mkymonkey
06-30-2006, 01:40 AM
ahahaha bonnet

A18A
06-30-2006, 01:49 AM
post whore..... :slap: lol

mkymonkey
06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
dude i dont know but the word bonnet just makes me laugh. you silly nz guys and your funny words. that goes for the english and ausies too hahahaha

A18A
06-30-2006, 01:55 AM
we call the front flat thingy that cover the engine a Bonnet, you call them Hood
we call the back thingy thats like a door for the back of the car a Boot, you call them a Trunk

:huh: :werd:

mkymonkey
06-30-2006, 02:03 AM
i know...but come on how does a trunk look like a boot? i understand bonnet...sorta but boot? come on now.

here's what dictionary.com says about them

BONNET:
A hat of cloth or straw, held in place by ribbons tied under the chin, that is worn by women and children.

BOOT:
Protective footgear, as of leather or rubber, covering the foot and part or all of the leg.

and what urban dictionary says:

BONNET:
A big asss penis the size of your face and the balls are the size of wrecking balls (hahaha :wtf:)

BOOT:
what you get on your car when you don't pay your tickets or owe back child support;

old Bristol VA term for black folks

haha

A18A
06-30-2006, 03:01 AM
i know...but come on how does a trunk look like a boot? i understand bonnet...sorta but boot? come on now.

here's what dictionary.com says about them

BONNET:
A hat of cloth or straw, held in place by ribbons tied under the chin, that is worn by women and children.

BOOT:
Protective footgear, as of leather or rubber, covering the foot and part or all of the leg.

and what urban dictionary says:

BONNET:
A big asss penis the size of your face and the balls are the size of wrecking balls (hahaha :wtf:)

BOOT:
what you get on your car when you don't pay your tickets or owe back child support;

old Bristol VA term for black folks

haha

lol that urban dictionary is a crack up. as for the boot?!?! well i asume its coz sum people store there money and valubles in there boots so they named it after that? i know that my dad puts his money in his boots sometimes for unknown reasons, dont see why he cant use a wallet:S

dunno where the bonnet got its name from

2drSE-i
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
i dont think sleepy eyes look very good on the accord, mostly because it makes them look off alignment because of the grille and headlight trim looks wierd.

crazykamper
06-30-2006, 12:12 PM
^ what he said, sleepy eyes dont look good for crap on 3geez, they look nice as is, but dont look good sleepy

lostforawhile
06-30-2006, 12:21 PM
lol that urban dictionary is a crack up. as for the boot?!?! well i asume its coz sum people store there money and valubles in there boots so they named it after that? i know that my dad puts his money in his boots sometimes for unknown reasons, dont see why he cant use a wallet:S
dunno where the bonnet got its name fromI do the same thing sometimes, it's because if someone tries to get it out they are going to get a steel toe in the face or get ther head stomped on. eq. getting the boot

lostforawhile
06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
ok as far as sleepy eyes, what works good on this car are headlights that comeup half way,in other words the blink. comes up,goes back down. it's pretty easy,just haven't had time to do it. what you need to do is fool the light into thinking it's all the way up. there is a switch that opens built into the motor,you need to create a magnetic switch on the arm assembly that triggers when the light is half open. in other words a Normally closed relay in line with the light up limit switch. the light comes halfway up the magnetic switch triggers,it interrups the circuit to the light up switch,and the controller thinks the light is all the way up. by using a timer module and a couple of relays to turn the parking lights and headlights on at the same time this will cause the lights to open,all three relays would come on at the same time,the headlights would come on, the parking lights would come on,and the relay that fools the light module would come on. the lights turn on,the headlight doors come halfway up,then the timer goes off,the light doors go back down.

frantik
06-30-2006, 01:03 PM
i know...but come on how does a trunk look like a boot?

they're just words... mean why do we call it a trunk? it doesn't look like anything like a tree or elephant :D

A18A
06-30-2006, 01:29 PM
they're just words... mean why do we call it a trunk? it doesn't look like anything like a tree or elephant :D

haha :Owned2: :Owned: :mad:wned
or maybe they mean trunk as in th main part (like a tree) everything comes outta it

and i think for a bonnet, they mean a hat to keep the engine from outside damage held down by a clip of sum sort

I'm :werd:

lostforawhile
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
ok as far as sleepy eyes, what works good on this car are headlights that comeup half way,in other words the blink. comes up,goes back down. it's pretty easy,just haven't had time to do it. what you need to do is fool the light into thinking it's all the way up. there is a switch that opens built into the motor,you need to create a magnetic switch on the arm assembly that triggers when the light is half open. in other words a Normally closed relay in line with the light up limit switch. the light comes halfway up the magnetic switch triggers,it interrups the circuit to the light up switch,and the controller thinks the light is all the way up. by using a timer module and a couple of relays to turn the parking lights and headlights on at the same time this will cause the lights to open,all three relays would come on at the same time,the headlights would come on, the parking lights would come on,and the relay that fools the light module would come on. the lights turn on,the headlight doors come halfway up,then the timer goes off,the light doors go back down.this thread has been http://www.cnn.com/US/9602/train_minnesota/wreckage_pileup.jpg LOL:) as far as the trunk,it's believed they are called that because very early american cars would often have steamer trunks attached to the back to protect peoples belongings from the elements

TNTumbler
02-23-2014, 08:42 AM
The word "Trunk" came around in the 1900's when Automobiles had "Trunks" strapped down to a carriage deck behind the rear seat outside the interior of the car. The first "Attached" and/or "enclosed" all weather trunk/boot was on Ford's Model T Turtle Deck around 1915.

Fun Fact: In Southern Asia a "Trunk" or "Bonnet" is called a Dickie/Dicky or in slang a Diggy because they have to dig the spare tire out.

Back to "Lazy Headlights." I don't think they look good or proper with the way the headlight doors are shaped. My personal preference is either down, or up (only if there is a mechanical problem with the motor).

charliekuney
02-23-2014, 03:10 PM
^ The word bonnet also comes from the original tie-down trunk on the rear of cars, because the two straps tie underneath like a bonnet ties under the chin. :D