PDA

View Full Version : some thoughts on nitrous...hmm

TeamAGR
08-26-2002, 12:55 PM
its funny when I first got this car I swore I wasnt gonna dump money under the hood, but next thing u know your in the performance section comparing the cost/hp ratio of a A20A3Turbo to that of a B series motor, and in the end I think thats waay too much money 4 me. the mechanic I work beside he has alot of toys
98 Integra Turbo (using Saab Turbo,Intercooler and Wastegate) and he has a 71 Duster with 26" meats and 2 250HP stages of nitrous, he told me that nos would be the easiest way to get power into this little motor. easiest isnt always the best and another thing will a stock motor handle repeated outtings on 25HP shots, are repeated 50 shots guaranteed meltdown? and if yes the motor must be beefed than what do u list as a standard upgrade. rods,pistons,? and one last thing if I decide to go ahead, somthing I am also very interested in is shaving the head for high compression 10.5:1 or 11:1 will this double my odds of problems with nitrous because of the increase of temperature that comes with compression? and if so do you think a oil cooler would help at all. from my guesses a 11:1 comp with a 50shot of gaz would have me runnin hotter than a turbo.

pimp86LX
08-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TeamAGR
its funny when I first got this car I swore I wasnt gonna dump money under the hood, but next thing u know your in the performance section comparing the cost/hp ratio of a A20A3Turbo to that of a B series motor, and in the end I think thats waay too much money 4 me. the mechanic I work beside he has alot of toys
98 Integra Turbo (using Saab Turbo,Intercooler and Wastegate) and he has a 71 Duster with 26" meats and 2 250HP stages of nitrous, he told me that nos would be the easiest way to get power into this little motor. easiest isnt always the best and another thing will a stock motor handle repeated outtings on 25HP shots, are repeated 50 shots guaranteed meltdown? and if yes the motor must be beefed than what do u list as a standard upgrade. rods,pistons,? and one last thing if I decide to go ahead, somthing I am also very interested in is shaving the head for high compression 10.5:1 or 11:1 will this double my odds of problems with nitrous because of the increase of temperature that comes with compression? and if so do you think a oil cooler would help at all. from my guesses a 11:1 comp with a 50shot of gaz would have me runnin hotter than a turbo.

From what I understand, if you upgrade to forged pistons and rod of the same comp. ratio you can use a 50hp gain easily

a 40-45 on a clean stock engine