PDA

View Full Version : Apparently 3g's don't offroad well.

ex1z7
06-26-2006, 03:11 AM
Like I stated in my technical thread, and showed a pic or two of my busted up donor car .. I decided to take her off roading with some friends one night.. We were driving all around the backroads of "mission" here in Thunder Bay, Ontario... Which, Mission is a native reservation area with ALOT of dirt roads and seemingly ALOT of industrial sections as well.

That aside, I was doing quite well on all the roads, minus this one with grass higher then my roof.. 1am.. 18 years old.. friends eggin' you on.. Either way me and 2 of my friends ended up walking from one side of town to the other. It took 6 hours to walk home.

... I don't think I'll be going off road again, watching the car being dragged ruthlessly through this worn-to-hell path was sort've heartbraking.. Seeing the entire right side of the car scratched to hell was sort've humerous at the time, but now it's sort've sad.. Oh well, I couldn't use a panel off this car anyways.

When we ended up arriving with an F150 to pull her out, all 4 doors and my trunk were open, glove box as well. The only thing stolen was a philips screwdriver bit from a screwdriver I found when I bought the car. I thought for sure all windows would be smashed simply because there wasn't a thing at all to steal in the car.. and I figured the people rippin' open my car would get angry at that. Oh well.

Pics =).

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/ex1z7/Honda%20Adventures/100_0661.jpg
Angle wise I wasn't too up on it but half the tire is buried.. all 4 are off the ground, the back two you can stick your fingers under, the front two I can fit my arms under.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/ex1z7/Honda%20Adventures/100_0660.jpg
I don't even see how I have a muffler anymore..
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/ex1z7/Honda%20Adventures/100_0659.jpg
Where the license plate is, is where the cross member was sitting on the dirt mound..
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/ex1z7/Honda%20Adventures/100_0658.jpg
My buddy posing ontop of the car.. that flower in the middle of the picture is eye level.. Just to show you the height of the crap I was driving through.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/ex1z7/Honda%20Adventures/100_0657.jpg
That deep crevice you see on the right, near the signal light.. yeah.. at the bottom it's up to my knee cap. I'm 6'1.

That was my adventure.. Thank god I did this to a car I'm not going to be using as a daily driver..or..any driver at all after I tear it apart. I don't even want to know what I tore off under the car getting it ripped out of the ground like I had it done ...

=) Flame away.

A18A
06-26-2006, 03:22 AM
damn whata waste of a screw driver, oh well at least you didnt find your car burnt to the ground or any smashed windows... could have been worse, but luckily it wasnt :) by the looks of it, its amazing the 3gee got that far. that's something i'd prolly be dumb enough to do

frantik
06-26-2006, 03:48 AM
is your rear license plate held on by duct tape? :rofl:

ex1z7
06-26-2006, 04:01 AM
is your rear license plate held on by duct tape? :rofl:

Dude..that's dumb..duct tape? C'mon.

It's masking tape.

And the front is held on by a shoe lace.

.... :bong:

A18A
06-26-2006, 08:55 AM
even my car is better than that :D

Cheeseburger
06-26-2006, 09:09 AM
dam that 3rd gen has been where no 3rd gen has gone before

Vector
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
all 4 doors and my trunk were open, glove box as well. The only thing stolen was a philips screwdriver bit from a screwdriver I found when I bought the car.

did you check the rad to make sure they didnt steal your antifreeze?... actually if its watered down its probably still in there.

mkymonkey
06-26-2006, 02:08 PM
thats one adventure! but not worth 6 hours of walking...im fat you know i would have colapsed after uh..2

minutes

Cancer
06-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Reminds me of the days of my "off-road" Nissan Sentra lol....good way to make something fun out of something useless.

AccordEpicenter
06-26-2006, 04:08 PM
silly canadians

crazykamper
06-26-2006, 04:10 PM
looks like fun!!! you should strip the car and sell off all the crap u dont need from it, unless it is a dd and an offroad car..... wich i highly dought.

lostforawhile
06-26-2006, 04:29 PM
who ever opened the doors probably thought it was abandonded or something somebody left there. it also could have been some of your friends messing with you. stealing a screwdriver sounds like a joke to me. I guess it wouldn't have mattered if they started it,not going anywhere. have you looked under it yet? you might not have broken anything. I hit a curb divider once at 40 all it did was tear off the converter.

A18A
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
I hit a curb divider once at 40 all it did was tear off the converter.
thats pretty fast 2 hit a curb, surprised your wheels didnt get a dent in it

lostforawhile
06-27-2006, 01:39 PM
thats pretty fast 2 hit a curb, surprised your wheels didnt get a dent in itit bounced was all

1ajs
06-27-2006, 02:05 PM
omg poor old million k 3gee can beet that hahaha mountans of quatamala...... haha on a road with rusts that army trucks could only go down my mother just floored it down thoughs roads lol has a pic of ares being pushed threw a mountan streem somewere wish i knew were it was... even had parits eat the weather striping off it

dalinxz
06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
omg poor old million k 3gee can beet that hahaha mountans of quatamala...... haha on a road with rusts that army trucks could only go down my mother just floored it down thoughs roads lol has a pic of ares being pushed threw a mountan streem somewere wish i knew were it was... even had parits eat the weather striping off it

ok What?

I didnt understand a word in there lol! Anyone care to translate?

3GCVC
06-28-2006, 01:10 AM
reminds me of one rainy night and a extreeeeme rally 1st gen integra...oh and another rainy night and a EF shuttle that got stuck in a bush...hahahaha

AccordB20A
06-28-2006, 01:38 AM
damn whata waste of a screw driver
lol if u had it u wud only break it anyway.

and yeah the extreeme rally integra and that late night shuttle bash was soo funny. started of white....ended up brown and green with mud and grass shit all over them

Tecknixia
06-28-2006, 03:33 AM
it bounced was all

Yeah, when I had my Accord, I hopped a curb with the brakes locked... not a single bit of damage.

ex1z7
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
There isn't a lick of damage that isn't cosmetic from my little offroad adventure. The entire left side is one big scrape because I got pulled into a few trees, and theres a massive dent on the hood.. but the one and only panel on the car that was worth taking off when I bought the car is still perfect.

+1 for left fender ! This is so going to be my souvenier of this car.