PDA

View Full Version : urethane for upper control arm ??

ottomatic
06-26-2006, 10:23 AM
can anyone point me to a site that sells urethane upper control arm bushings?

for the front suspension i have urethane for the end links, sway bar mounts, and lower control arms,
but I can not find urethane for the upper control arms.

any help ?????

-> 89 accord lx

Oldblueaccord
06-28-2006, 02:33 PM
I never have.
I made steel ones my self where there pressed into the arms and the bolt goes thru them. Simpler that the honda set up and less slop.

wp

b20a86lude
07-04-2006, 01:07 PM
woa woa woa woa woa woa whers is that my super man cup nah just kiddin thats from family guy thought ud get a kick out of that but how did u put
and where did u get the urethane lower control arms bushings and tell me how u did the steel omes u made urself im very intrestin ill tell u where to get the upper control arms if u tell me about the lower ones

Oldblueaccord
07-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Uh send me a PM and Ill send you pictures. If im reading your run-on sentance correctly.

I made then out of steel on a lathe 10mm hole for the bolt and .925" or so press fit into the arms. Missed a little on the lengths of the shoulders on the bushings so I had to add 2 washers to get them to space right before there bolted up though the body. Sorry I lost my drawing so I can't remember all the dimensions.

The only thing im interested in the lowers is sperical bearings like you can get for civic arms.

wp

ottomatic
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
lca bushings from suspension.com-
radius rod, lca, endlinks, bar mounts.....

says front control arm, lowers only though.
http://www.suspension.com/prothane-civic.htm

Gemini2003
07-07-2006, 09:34 AM
How much of a difference does it make to switch all your bushings to polyurethane? I'm thinking about dropping about $100 and I am mainly hoping it will make a noticable difference...

Oldblueaccord
07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Uh send me a PM and Ill send you pictures. If im reading your run-on sentance correctly.
I made then out of steel on a lathe 10mm hole for the bolt and .925" or so press fit into the arms. Missed a little on the lengths of the shoulders on the bushings so I had to add 2 washers to get them to space right before there bolted up though the body. Sorry I lost my drawing so I can't remember all the dimensions.
The only thing im interested in the lowers is sperical bearings like you can get for civic arms.
wp

http://www.progressauto.com/TPG%20Catalog%20web-secured.pdf

this is what I was thinking for the lower arms.

wp