PDA

View Full Version : Help..engine smoking..temp guage bounces..clunking sound when turning..and its LOUD

Micah 89LXi
06-26-2006, 09:51 PM
good lord..this list of things wrong with my accord is getting ridiculous

first off...my AC hose on the bottom of the ac compressor broke off inside the compressor..its now laying on the frame..ac obviously broken

second..when turning sharply at low speeds something clunks repeatedly...towards the front end...havent checked tie rods yet..replaced one recently tho

it is burning oil slowly...its been really stinky after a drive..the ever present smell of burning oil always lingering towards the hood..no idea where exactly its leaking from...i have replaced the vc gasket because that was leaking..but still leaks..it is dripping oil all over the oil pan and onto the exhaust..again slowly but surely

temp guage...after about 30 seconds of driving the temp guage spikes almost to H then after less than a minute it drops back down to normal..it just recently started doing this..but now happens at least once a trip which brings me to the next problem that started today

i went to BMW ultimate drive...its a fund raiser you drive really nice bmw's for charity donation for breast cancer research...anyways..i come to the dealership..park my car..no problems...it sits for about 6 hours...i get in start it up..it does its temp bounce..then fine...but its idling rather rough..shaking the crap out of the steering wheel likes it does when its 2 degrees outside..only it is also now very loud..like huge exhaust leak..only doesnt have the delay of rev to sound of an exhaust leak...so i pull out of the parking lot steering wheel jittering like a mofo and it is loud...it sounds angry as hell...but doesnt shift well at all...wants to stick in gears..did i mention its the loudest i have ever heard this car...so on my way home i stop in a lighted parking lot to check if my cone filter had fallen off again...i pop the hood to get a face full of grey smoke...coming from somewhere low in the engine bay...the fan kicks on and blows it in my face..then i look up and realize there is carbon buildup under the hood..a good amount..

so OMG can anyone help me with this...this is the only car i have to drive and i have to get it decently fixed soon...so anyone having similar problems please let me know what you did

Strugglebucket
06-27-2006, 01:01 AM
the clunking while turning i bet is your cv joints. the burning oil and clouds of smoke i would check your valve cover gasket and your oil pan gasket and oil filter base gasket.

wait, you said you already replaced your valve cover gasket? if it's still leaking make sure you clean the mounting surface thouroughly with acetone or similar cleaner before installing and torque the 3 valve cover nuts to 7ft/lbs.

A18A
06-27-2006, 01:11 AM
blown head gasket?