MIK3
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Is it possible?

MessyHonda
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
yes...TwoLoudNProud has them...check out his cardomain

mkymonkey
06-28-2006, 01:18 PM
i got some great 6 1/2 infinites that you could cram in there! 30 + ship if youre interested

Pico
06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
i got some great 6 1/2 infinites that you could cram in there! 30 + ship if youre interested
Man you are a salesman :D

crazykamper
06-28-2006, 02:26 PM
lol. mkymonkey, you do sound like a real salesman. lol. i would want to know if i can cram some speakers in the rear cards (i have a coupe...)

Gemini2003
06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Buy Alpine if you don't wanna be dissapointed :-) Thank you for the idea about the speakers in the rear doors... too bad I'm not going to have rear seats lol

mkymonkey
06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Buy Alpine if you don't wanna be dissapointed

unfortunatly for him i already sold the alpines :(

Man you are a salesman

i used to work for circuit city, earned commission and pulled in about 3k a month! :D it was great till i got fired :(

lol. mkymonkey, you do sound like a real salesman. lol. i would want to know if i can cram some speakers in the rear cards (i have a coupe...)

you can cram speakers in there but i would suggest something like 5.25 or so and also shallow mount. the only reason I would put some speakers there (though i dont think you need them in a coupe because the sound stage youre working on is fairly small) would be to just have some high pass speakers there so my bass wont drown my mids and highs. but thats it

MIK3
06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Don't forget that I have a dx guys. I don't have any allotted space for the speakers in the rear doors. If I were to get some, it'd definitely be infinity's...no question on that. Being that I have a dx, is this still possible?

Vanilla Sky
06-28-2006, 07:49 PM
well, being that none of them ever had space in the rear doors for speakers, it'll be the same either way.

jonrichert
06-28-2006, 07:51 PM
fewer speakers = better sound. i didn't believe it until i tried it either.

mkymonkey
06-28-2006, 07:54 PM
yes that is true. ^^^^

the more speakers you have the less amount of power you deliver to each one since they probably be running off the same channels. not only that but with more and more speakers....it sounds way tooo cluttered. BUT then again if done right it can sound nice. ive heard a pt cruiser that had 12 pairs of speakers in it and an individual 2ch amp per pair....sounded awesome if you asked me :D

Vanilla Sky
06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
hey, my truck has a single pair of boston acoustics and doesn't sound half bad. needs a sub, but for stock location stuff, it sounds really good.

unless you are using a processor, multiple pairs of speakers just muddle the sound.

MIK3
06-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Hmm. Well I just went to go check it out. It looks like there IS space available, however, there is no wiring provided to that spot (like my rear speakers behind the back seats). So, I think my best bet now is probably just to amplify them eh?

mkymonkey
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
oh and just for a side note i have speakers on my rear doors on my civic. i had to move them from the rear dash location because my w6 kept blowing them with all the damn air it moved. lol

i had to run wires to the doors through a hole i drilled. the hole that was provided for the wires running to the window switch didnt have enough space for another wire. so i drilled a hole for them. oh and they're not amplified yet. i just ran a wire to the back and tapped the original wires that came with the car. so it was a bit easier.

here's a pic

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2049000-2049999/2049630_11_full.jpg

Sabz5150
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
oh and just for a side note i have speakers on my rear doors on my civic. i had to move them from the rear dash location because my w6 kept blowing them with all the damn air it moved. lol

i had to run wires to the doors through a hole i drilled. the hole that was provided for the wires running to the window switch didnt have enough space for another wire. so i drilled a hole for them. oh and they're not amplified yet. i just ran a wire to the back and tapped the original wires that came with the car. so it was a bit easier.

here's a pic

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2049000-2049999/2049630_11_full.jpg

They make baffles for midbass drivers specifically for that reason. I used a pair just to see what the deal was and they do help deliver better punch from the rear speaks (sealed enclosure, no surprise). They also keep your subs from turning them inside out.

mkymonkey
06-28-2006, 09:43 PM
lol yeah i tried that. but the damn JL W6 tore a damn hole in the baffles and still blew my speakers inside out. it was really gnarly (sp?) how even after the speakers were disconnected but still in place kept moving so much! i used the old stock ones to prove my theory about the sub pushing them inside out and it ripped the damn cone off of the cage. it was great!!! lol

crazykamper
06-28-2006, 11:19 PM
lol mkymonkey, u got too much money to spend. lol. how hard does the w6 bump??? precise wise, and obnoxiously...

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 12:57 AM
dude if i had that much money do you really think i would be driving a civic and a 3g? no offense to ya'll but i seriously doubt i would be driving a 17 year old car. unless is a freaking domestic muscle car...then no lol.

anyway the sub hits pretty freaking hard. its so loud that i have it at 0 in the gain level. if i go higher the car vibrates way too much and the the sound quality depletes because the sub over powers the speakers. i guess you would have to listen to it in person to know what i was talkinga bout.

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 06:14 AM
^ good point, if i had at least 5500$ right now, i would be driving my dream car (and i could still own my 3g. lol)

wow, them subs sound really nice, i will have to look into them more, im lookin to get a system if i sell the laptop (look at misc for sale thread...), but untill i sell either the laptop, or i get a job that pays really well, i cant do much.

Sabz5150
06-29-2006, 06:41 AM
lol yeah i tried that. but the damn JL W6 tore a damn hole in the baffles and still blew my speakers inside out. it was really gnarly (sp?) how even after the speakers were disconnected but still in place kept moving so much! i used the old stock ones to prove my theory about the sub pushing them inside out and it ripped the damn cone off of the cage. it was great!!! lol

Well at that point I think the problem lies less in where your speakers are mounted and more in why in the gods' names do you need to push that much power?

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 07:38 AM
ACTUALLY im not pushing that much power at all. the alpine mrd-m605 is only about 600 watts at 2ohms and its at the lowest gain lever...0 so i dont know why the damn speakers kept blowing. i guess the pioneers that i kept buying were just cheap or something. lol

Sabz5150
06-29-2006, 10:52 AM
ACTUALLY im not pushing that much power at all. the alpine mrd-m605 is only about 600 watts at 2ohms and its at the lowest gain lever...0 so i dont know why the damn speakers kept blowing. i guess the pioneers that i kept buying were just cheap or something. lol

That speaker must move a crazy amount of air. I've had 350 pushing a pair of 10's and it never bothered the rear speaks. And to turn those baffles inside out... wow.

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
wow, turnin baffles inside out, thats gotta be crazy, hope u had warrenty and it covvered the speakers, lol.

mky is ur sub a 12 or 10?? (i dought u would have a 15...) and what kinda encolosure u gots??? im really interested. lol.

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 07:52 PM
its a 12" JL Audio W6 and the enclosure is custom. its 1" MDF all around the the front facia is molded (in fiberglass) to fit/blend in with the sub's uh...curviture. and its also painted to match the rest of the car. here's a pic

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2049000-2049999/2049630_13_full.jpg

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 08:24 PM
dang, thats thing is nice! and expensive!! lol. i looked it up, its like 130$ crazy!!!!

MessyHonda
06-29-2006, 08:37 PM
dang, thats thing is nice! and expensive!! lol. i looked it up, its like 130$ crazy!!!!

that is a good price...thoes go for like 400+ used...this guy has 2 of thoes in his impala and they hit hard...he has zapco amps tho...and like 9 tvs

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 08:41 PM

uh no its not. which one did you look for? was that an ebay price? i have the 05 model 12W6V2-D4 and it was a bit over 400 bucks. i mean if you look on ebay you might find them for cheap. even froogle lists them at 339 and thats the lowest price. its a dual voice coil sub that can handle up to 600 watts rms but is recommended to run at 300. i think mine puts (with this enclosure at least) 127db.

its a nice sub but you can get something that sounds almost as good for a cheaper price

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 08:46 PM
that is a good price...thoes go for like 400+ used...this guy has 2 of thoes in his impala and they hit hard...he has zapco amps tho...and like 9 tvs

fuck yeah thats a good price! and why does that guy need 9tvs? lol his neck must hurt so much from watching all of them at the same time. ouch

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Here you go................................................ ........................ http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_72_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_70_full.jpg

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 08:52 PM
oh shit you actually put the grill to go with it. nice! me like. it looks like you had to dremel some shit away though. and is it at an angle? was that to make it fit right? anyway nice work

Pico
06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Here you go http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/486000-486999/486873_20_full.jpg
That looks sharp, looks factory

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
oh shit you actually put the grill to go with it. nice! me like. it looks like you had to dremel some shit away though. and is it at an angle? was that to make it fit right? anyway nice work
Here is the How to i made http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29500

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 09:00 PM
oh crap, maybe i was lookin at the wrong subs. lol. my bad. dang, thats like my ipod and a lil more for a sub only, dang. if its that nice quality, dont see why not to get it,

monkey, are you saying to run at 300 cause of it killing ur speakers? or is it nicer sound? or what?

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 09:02 PM
lol. 9tvs??? WHY!!!, my bro had 4 (2 in visors, wich i wanna do someday in 3g, and 2 in headrests {he did it in his benz. really long time ago, that car is long gone...} and thats all u need, there is no point to having like 10 tvs, the most u will EVER need is 4, thats even pushing it a lil.

(dont try to be like mtv pimp my ride, and have a freakin tv under the car. lol)

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
monkey, are you saying to run at 300 cause of it killing ur speakers? or is it nicer sound? or what?

at higher rms wattage the sub is way too loud for my taste. like it rattles everything in my car. my ears freaking feel like shit cuz they're actually vibrating along with everything else in the car. and i cant hear the music besides all the boom booooom boom boom booooom lol

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
hmm, interesting, very very interesting. lol. maybe i will just save up and get this sub, from sounds of it, its everything i want!!! (not only being precise down at low rms, but also bieng bumpy as hell for those gangstar wanna be nights. lol.....

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 10:00 PM
i do recommend it. but if youre going to get it get an amp that can handle the load. if youre thinking alpine dont get what i have. get the 1001 mono block

http://www.cbrstereo.com/ProductImages/alpine/MRDM1001.jpg

this thing is .5 ohm stable so it is more than enough power to handle a w6 or even a w7! its even completly digital AND if you have an alpine headunit from 05 and above you can control the gain, volume, frequency and monitor its temperature all from the head unit. i have the same setup but with my MRD-M605. nice amp but i think the MRD-M1001 would be better suited for the w6. i think it would make it sound a hell of a lot sweeter.

http://www.pricescan.com/ItemImages/ImagesL/523471.jpg

in my 3g i run a lower series amp, the MRP-M350, and its older. ive had it in three cars already! lol i bought this when i used to work for circuit city and had a great discount the amp was 199.99 and i only paid 60 bucks for it. its great man! ive run an alpine type r (in my altima) with it a w3 (in my civic) and now an infinity reference series sub. all the subs were DVC besides my current one. so far i think it sounded the best with the w3. its a 700w peak amp and 300rms. it sounds great with either one of the subs i've had it in and its a cheap way to get good enough bass to have a kicking system. anyway here's a pic of that.

http://www.cbrstereo.com/ProductImages/MRPM350.jpg