PDA

View Full Version : My relationship with 3rd gen accords

86-accord-lxi
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
As some of you may know, I got frustrated with my 86 lxi and was trying to sell it. The car was having weird quirks and stuff that really bothered me, I was about to give up. After some work and a little tlc the car has been getting me around with no major problems. When I was trying to sell it it had
215,000 miles on it, It now has 220,600 and keeps on going and going !
I was asking $1600 for it, had a guy offer me $900 cash and couldn't bring myself to part with it, especially for that price. Im still a 3geezer, There's
just something about the 3rd gen accord, I love em ! I use to frequent the board more often, But lately I have been too busy and haven't had time to get on. I still want to do something really wild and fifferent with a 3g, Just not the one I currently drive. I would rather start the project with a 3g that
has a staright body and no rust. Mine has the rear wheel well rust, tons of door dings, It's been keyed on the drivers side, and the undercarriage is banged up pretty bad from the damn thing bottoming out all the time.
The two girls that owned it before me were pretty hard on it. Plus I would rather have a hatchback, 2 door, or an sei. I plan to keep driving the 86 lxi
until I save up enough money to get a creampuff hatchback, 2 door, or an sei. And I would rather have an 88-89 instead of an 86-87. You guys have helped me a lot in the past and I appreciate it. The more I work on this car the more I learn about them, So the more I can help other 3geezers out.
Just thought I'd drop in and let you all know that Im still a 3geez guy.
Keep the 3rd generation accords alive !

frantik
06-29-2006, 12:52 AM
right on man :D i had to sell my car recently too and i was thinking bout other cars but i'm totally glad i ended up with another 3g :D I know what you're saying about needing a new car for a project.. just keep an eye out for a cream puff i guess :)

jlros75
06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Congrats! by keeping your 3gen accord. I am on the same side, been owned mine since 1998 and planning on have it for another 10 yrs.(hopefully it can last) Mine is a carbureted 5 speed. soon will be EFI (started yesterday)
Nice to see people taking care of this great economy cars.:rockon:

MessyHonda
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
yeah my mom got the accord off the show room floor...and it had 12 original miles...now its close to 157k....i was having problems with it so i saved some money and got me a 89 LX-i sedan(trying to keep it sleeper) but yeah i love both of them...they have there own personality and are not the same...my goal is to spend up to 2g on it no more no less...i want to keep it for the rest of my life...maybe one day i will have to junk it but it better not be soon.

forrest89sei
06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Gotta Agree!

the familys 86 Accord (Now mine) was having carb problems so last Nov we took it offline and the family leased a 2006 CR-V EX, well there is just something about the 3gee!

I ride in the CR-V to work and just don't like it as much as the '86 even with all the perks (K24A1, Cup Holders, Arm Rests, 6 Disc CD Changer w/ 6 Speakers) so about a week back I talked my father into putting the accord back into service since he was driving a '86 Chevy 3/4 Ton Pickup w/ a 350 (14MPG!!!) so he agreed and I couldnt of been happier when it was Back as of 6/27/06!

I wish it were a 88-89 since finding good cond taillights are a bitch.
I REALLY wish it were a LX-i cuz of all of the problems with the carbs!
but it gets me through.

So the moral of the story is the 3Gee sticks to you.

crazykamper
06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
wow, congrats on keeping the car dude!!!( but hearing the damage, i would get a new one. and just use this one for parts...)when i get my dream car (another 6gs to go! lol, and i havnt even started. lol) i will for sure keep my 3g, or get an sei, i plan on going b18 one day, hopefully it will happen one day!!!!

keep up with keepin the 3geez alive!!

86-accord-lxi
06-30-2006, 12:17 AM
I saw an 89 sei iin the classifieds the other day, They want 2g's for it, But I don't have the money right now. I just hope I can find a nice sei when I do have the cash.

Ichiban
06-30-2006, 12:52 AM
I talked my father into putting the accord back into service since he was driving a '86 Chevy 3/4 Ton Pickup w/ a 350 (14MPG!!!).

Those old chevys are sweet. I run a 1984 K2500 350/700R4, 9MPG

A20A3quippedbeast
07-03-2006, 06:13 PM
As some of you may know, I got frustrated with my 86 lxi and was trying to sell it. The car was having weird quirks and stuff that really bothered me, I was about to give up. After some work and a little tlc the car has been getting me around with no major problems. When I was trying to sell it it had
215,000 miles on it, It now has 220,600 and keeps on going and going !
I was asking $1600 for it, had a guy offer me $900 cash and couldn't bring myself to part with it, especially for that price. Im still a 3geezer, There's
just something about the 3rd gen accord, I love em ! I use to frequent the board more often, But lately I have been too busy and haven't had time to get on. I still want to do something really wild and fifferent with a 3g, Just not the one I currently drive. I would rather start the project with a 3g that
has a staright body and no rust. Mine has the rear wheel well rust, tons of door dings, It's been keyed on the drivers side, and the undercarriage is banged up pretty bad from the damn thing bottoming out all the time.
The two girls that owned it before me were pretty hard on it. Plus I would rather have a hatchback, 2 door, or an sei. I plan to keep driving the 86 lxi
until I save up enough money to get a creampuff hatchback, 2 door, or an sei. And I would rather have an 88-89 instead of an 86-87. You guys have helped me a lot in the past and I appreciate it. The more I work on this car the more I learn about them, So the more I can help other 3geezers out.
Just thought I'd drop in and let you all know that Im still a 3geez guy.
Keep the 3rd generation accords alive !

amen to that..i love my 3rd gen cuz its the best lookin accord ever churned out by tha H.

88Accord-DX
07-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I wonder what the MPG on 3rd stage vacuum line removal is? I haven't got my carb tuned just right & my gas milage sucks ass. (good thing I don't drive it much)

D.P.
Anyone?