PDA

View Full Version : 87 Accord running like crap

MfrDhRacer
06-29-2006, 04:36 AM
ok i bought an 87 accord a little while ago. ive put about 300 miles on it since i bought it. i was driving home one day and while going up a hill it started to run like it was running out of gas then it stalled. i stopped for a minute and it started back up and went fine for a couple miles, then it started running poorly again. i stopped and shut it down for a good 15 minutes then drove it home and had no problems. Anyone ever experience this before. People have told me it could be a bad vacuum line or my EGR valve is sticking. Is there a fuel pump on this car even thow its carburated?

A20A1
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure most engines need some kind of fuel pump, yours is in the fuel tank.

MfrDhRacer
06-30-2006, 05:25 AM
I'm pretty sure most engines need some kind of fuel pump, yours is in the fuel tank.

Yeah, well someone told me that some carbed engines dont need a fuel pump but i figured there was a pump.

I checked all the vacuum lines and they all seemed fine.
So I sprayed some carb cleaner down into the carburator and it seems to be running better now (wouldnt run under 2.5rpm). As far as i could see into the carburator without pulling it aprart it looked pretty nasty.

Is theyre anything else i should check into before taking it out onto the road again?

A20A1
06-30-2006, 05:50 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46572
just some idead in the list in the fist post.