PDA

View Full Version : please advice

chekarely
06-29-2006, 12:08 PM
i am looking for something to make my speakers sound better and many people suggested dynamat http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=10455 i visited some sites and www.uscaraudio.com had the best price on them. i don't have a lot of experience with dynamat and i am wondering if i should buy it form them? will it really help?

ty

chekarely

88accordlxcarb
06-30-2006, 04:47 PM
I do believe this belongs in another forum(the sound and security one), but thats not my deal to mess with. I'm sure someone will come along and do something...

Anyway ill answer your question.

Dynamat is used to "redefine" how your sound "sounds" when you hear it. Many people use it to stop trunk vibration, or to stop body vibration from outside of the car. It basically stops the sound waves(what causes the trunk to rattle) from escaping into the body and forces them to stay inside. This causes your sound to go up a little, and will also stop the vibrations that might stop you from turning the volume up.

It is effective, but it is also expensive. IF you are more concerned about rattling, turn your bass on and see if you can pinpoint what is rattling. It might be able to be fixed by tightening a screw, or sticking a piece of foam in there.

Although dynamat might make the sound a little more focused and clear, it wont drastically improve the quality of your speakers. This can only be doing by adding additional equipment to your car, aka new speakers and an amp, or different types of speakers, different setup, tuning, etc...