PDA

View Full Version : want peoples sugestions/advice/opponions etc

ZackieDarko
06-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm planing on picking up a daily beater so I can start the work on the hatch (86) that I have been waiting to do for a year now.

It is going to be re-painted to black, black interior, black wheels etc. Gonna be freak'en SWEET when i'm done.

Should I find my self a junked hatch with a black interior or dye mine? The car is currently Lural Blue with the Blue interior.

I was thinking of picking up some of these in BLACK.
http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/29101.html

Sit'en on these.
http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/racing-seats-car-brackets.html

With these to hold me and a passenger in.
http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/53001b.html

And this to attach those too.
http://www.sparcousa.com/harness_bars.asp

Will that bar even work in our cars? A buddy of mine has one in his 04/05 WRX Imprezza and it works fine in there. So does anybody know if it is universal or not?

If it isn't universal does anybody know of a bar that will work?

Some of you might say "you don't need those seats and harnesses" blah blah blah. Well it's my car and I wan't it all and im gonna get it all. :-p

And when I am done with the engine and suspension I will need them so :-p on you.

Help is greatly appricated guys, thanks.

-Zack

p.s.

If you know of any adjustable seats like the ones i listed for under 300 a pop I would like to know.

crazykamper
06-30-2006, 04:19 PM
wow, looks like a nice setup, looks like you got money to spare, wanna share? lol.

i have no clue about that bar, maybe somebody might come along.

MessyHonda
06-30-2006, 08:34 PM
DONT dye...i learned it the hard way...i also wanted to do my interior black and i used some Ritz dye on my carpet and it turned out bad....i would not recomend it...i also picked up the Fabric paint from autozone and it makes the fabric feel stiff and it rubs off. well i would say just find a interior that is already black,,,,i think the red HB had the all black interior...just clean it good b4 you put it in

ZackieDarko
06-30-2006, 08:40 PM
anybody know about that harness bar?

AccordEpicenter
06-30-2006, 09:34 PM
thats some nice stuff. Now you need some speed

crazykamper
06-30-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah yeah, ^ sounds like a nice setup and all, but u need to do something to give ur car a lil go, at least intake and exhaust....

ZackieDarko
06-30-2006, 11:36 PM
oh its gonna be rebuilt 100%

crank
rods
pistons
head
ta...ta...turbo
a total suspension over haul
FINALLy put on that SEi setup i have siting in the garage

this car is going to be sweet when its done...i wouldnt go and buy that kind of saftey equipment and not give it some go :-p come on now

AccordEpicenter
07-01-2006, 07:16 AM
honestly if youre gonna get a harness you really should get at least a roll bar, ive heard of guys getting seriously injured in crashed because they were strapped in good with a harness but the car had no real reinforcement. Thats where a cage or rollbar helps. Im thinking about doing it myself (im gonna need it to pass tech anyway)

ZackieDarko
07-01-2006, 10:23 PM
AccordEpicenter, I have heard horror stories of people geting SERIOUSLY hurt because they had inproperly installed harnesses.

Such as bolting them to the floor right behind the seat, that is a big no-no for anybody who doesn't know.

I asked about the harness bar that I posted (which by the way nobody has seemed to answer my question). If that bar works then I will have a very safe place to attach the harnesses.

I was also thinking of a roll bar (it would be easier to have one cause my car is a hatch ;) ) but I don't have any welding skills and I don't know anybody that does.

Does anybody know of ANY harness bar/rollbar/cage for the 3g or one that is for a car that has similar deminsons for our cars so it can be adapted? Or are any of you 3geez'erz in or near WA? Do you have welding skizillz? If somebody could fab me some stuff up that would be cool.

So does ANYBODY have any info on that?