PDA

View Full Version : A/C Questions

stat1K
07-01-2006, 05:21 AM
If you guys didn't know i have an 88 LXi coupe.

the problem i'm having is that the air conditioning blows.. but not cold. at least not during the day. i've had the car for about 63k miles which equates to just over two years but i have not recharged the ac. do you think this could be the problem?

what happens is i start the car around 10am... oh and i live in arizona... so at 10am it's already pushing 90 i only drive it for about 10 minutes now and right at the end it starts to blow room temperature. like 80-85 degrees. but when i get in it after work at around 830pm it blows much cooler.

but sometimes it blows hot all day long no matter how long i drive it. i could drive it for 100 miles and it will just blow hot. then the next day it will blow cool again. anyone know what my deal might be?

chainz
07-01-2006, 06:17 AM
If you guys didn't know i have an 88 LXi coupe.
the problem i'm having is that the air conditioning blows.. but not cold. at least not during the day. i've had the car for about 63k miles which equates to just over two years but i have not recharged the ac. do you think this could be the problem?
what happens is i start the car around 10am... oh and i live in arizona... so at 10am it's already pushing 90 i only drive it for about 10 minutes now and right at the end it starts to blow room temperature. like 80-85 degrees. but when i get in it after work at around 830pm it blows much cooler.
but sometimes it blows hot all day long no matter how long i drive it. i could drive it for 100 miles and it will just blow hot. then the next day it will blow cool again. anyone know what my deal might be?

Have you verified the AC compressor kicks on when you press the AC button (blower fan speed in any position but off)? You should hear a click and your the engine will bog for a breif second.
If the compressor comes on I'd say u probably just need a charge - but this probably means u have a leak.
Not sure about where u live but around here a lot of shops offer 'free' AC inspections. They'll check it out for free and tell u whats wrong (and then of course tell u they can fix it for some big $$$$$$).

stat1K
07-01-2006, 07:26 AM
yeah it's the same around here for shops like that... pep boys etc etc. but yes it does kick on... maybe i'll take it in to have them check it out when i get my oil changed... damn apartments they don't have the space like where i used to live but oh well. thanks for your input chainz.