PDA

View Full Version : Will be glad to help anyone, anytime

86LX-ihatch
08-26-2002, 08:31 PM
I have seen a few people on here with good knowledge of mobile electronics on here. I have alot seen ALOT of bad advice also. Im not knocking anyone, but Ive owned my own car audio shop for 8 years and Ive seen alot of people come in my shop after taking "advice" from people who mean well but just don't know. Im now out of the business because I have just recently became a youth minister. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. I was MECP certified in 1995, I attended installers institute in Daytona Florida, I ve been to the USAC finals in 1994 and 1996. No question is too dumb or too simple. If I don't know the answer I have the resources to find it.

Bobs89LXi
08-26-2002, 08:52 PM
It's great to have another person with car audio experience. I know what you mean about people receiving bad advice. I saw the fruits of it when I worked as a repair technician, both at Phoenix Gold and at an independant repair shop. Welcome to the site and to the forum.

shepherd79
08-27-2002, 04:30 AM
great, thanks man.

Red88Hatch
08-27-2002, 11:48 AM
got any advice on the Size of a box i should make for a Alpine 12" Type-R? Or where i should go to look for dimentions and i wanted a ported one, i dont care about trunk space either

Red88Hatch
08-27-2002, 11:51 AM
wow i just noticed bob, You live in willsonville????? I live pretty close (sherwood) Maybe sometime you could come show me the errors of my ways master of the electronics :bow:

86LX-ihatch
08-27-2002, 01:32 PM
Well I have some enclosure software and if that speaker is already in it I will run it and see what the recommended enclosure is. Are you wanting SPL or SQ?

MyGarbageLXi
08-27-2002, 04:06 PM
hey man, ive got a question for ya, i just bought a JVC head unit and im loking to install it my self, its the KD-SX980...dont know if ur familiar with the model, if u arent maybe uve got some software that is....anywho, i just wanted to know wat kind of kit im goin to need to buy to make it fit in my 89 Accord LXI, thanks alot.:wave: :sadwave:

Bobs89LXi
08-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Red88Hatch
wow i just noticed bob, You live in willsonville????? I live pretty close (sherwood) Maybe sometime you could come show me the errors of my ways master of the electronics :bow:

Yes, I do live in Wilsonville. I can't say that I know ALL there is about electronics, it's just that I have been working in the field for over 25 years. :D Perhaps we could meet sometime.

86LX-ihatch
08-27-2002, 07:11 PM
That is the exact deck I have in my car. You will not need a kit to put it in your car. There are two screws on the bottom side of your factory radio that will need to be removed and then the factory will slide out. Be careful because they will strip very easy. Just buy a wiring harness for that car so you don't have to cut your factory harness.

catalin
08-27-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 86LX-ihatch
Well I have some enclosure software and if that speaker is already in it I will run it and see what the recommended enclosure is. Are you wanting SPL or SQ?

What software do you have?? just curious.

Red88Hatch
08-28-2002, 12:13 AM
Well, i want a ported box...... SPL BABY! but really if i wanted sound quality how would that make the box any diff? Its an Alpine Type R 12" DVC 4 Ohm+4 Ohm, Need anymore info like item number or something just ask, i got the box upstairs in my room!! WOOT :D :D

86LX-ihatch
08-28-2002, 03:55 AM
There is a huge difference between SPL enclosures and SQ enclosures. You say SPL but I doubt you would be happy with an SPL enclosure. SPL enclosure generally sound like CRAP! They are built to produce alot of sound at a certain frequency which is usually in the 50hz range. Most music, such as hip hop, etc that pounds is in the 30 to 40hz range. If you want throbbing bass we would want to tune the enclosure around 32hz. If you are wanting to compete in SPL you would probably be looking at around 48 to 50hz.

Vanilla Sky
08-28-2002, 04:49 AM
hey, hit me up with box perameters for two jensen XS1212's... they are for a home theatre and the box being built is mounted under the loveseat... i wand somewhere in the median of SPL and SQ... more toward SQ

as of now i have about 3 cubes, sealed, but i think i want to port it...

Derick

Vanilla Sky
08-28-2002, 04:50 AM
oh, ant the current amp is only 100 watts RMS as 6 ohms

Derick

MyGarbageLXi
08-28-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 86LX-ihatch
That is the exact deck I have in my car. You will not need a kit to put it in your car. There are two screws on the bottom side of your factory radio that will need to be removed and then the factory will slide out. Be careful because they will strip very easy. Just buy a wiring harness for that car so you don't have to cut your factory harness.
thanks alot man, wow wat are the chances that thre expert himself has the same deck as me, sickk
but one question whats is a wiring harness

86LX-ihatch
08-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Im not an "expert". I do know alot more than the average guy but I don't know enough to be called an expert. I do appreciate the compliment (if it wasn't sarcasm) anyway. The reason I run it is it was the most reasonably priced MP3 deck I could get.

Red88Hatch
08-29-2002, 08:01 PM
i got my Pioneer Head Unit for 266 shipped :D It plays MP3's and its really easy to navigate and it has soo many features......i love it, ITs also pretty, and like everything you need in a deck

I got it brand new, not stolen for 250, and 266 shipped. :D
from a site that i cant think of right now...... well if you wanna see it in action go to my site www.honda.fakepoop.com