PDA

View Full Version : Power locks on coupes or DX's...

offthahook
08-26-2002, 08:56 PM
I was thinking... The PW motors from a four door will work in the 2 or 3 doors (I THINK). Would the power door lock motors and actuators work, too?? Say I wanted to put Power Locks on my coupe (lx-i). I would run wires and get the power from where?? Also, would I want to use 3Gen stuff from a four door, aftermarket stuff, or 4th generation Accord Coupe stuff? Ideas welcome.

Mike89Accordcom
08-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Well I would use actuators. Those are pretty much universal. I have those hooked up to my locks. So my alarm arms my car, and locks and unlocks my doors. Or you could run the wires like you were talking.

RCracer
08-27-2002, 12:56 AM
I want to know if the power locks from a 4 door will fit a two door (aerodeck) also as I have a set of power locks from my 20i-16 parts car.
Not to sure that they will as the 4 door has lock buttons whereas the aerodeck has the lock near the interior door handle.

carotman
08-27-2002, 05:22 AM
The motors hooked up to my door latch with no problem.

I guess it would be the same for the coupes.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-27-2002, 06:24 AM
i am using acuators now but i am having problems with wireing the relays, mike, do you have any diagrams you used?

anchovies
08-27-2002, 12:59 PM
the problem is the coupe has the lock at the door release handle not like on top of the door near the window on 4 doors
i've checked out universal kits which might be easier to install cause they have a long rod to push the lock and flange/bars to mount the actuators for $30 odd bucks

i might be wrong, maybe the power lock from other 3geez can fit with not much problem

87DXHatch
09-03-2002, 08:26 AM
Yeah, there are some universal kits on eBay for reeeaall cheap; like $15 last time I checked.

Could someone who has put power locks on a DX please please please write a How-to on it? I want to, for alarm locking purposes, but I don't want to get into the thick of things and then get stuck.

Thanks

carotman
09-03-2002, 09:50 AM
I'll compare the door latch on the coupes and 4 doors.

Like I said, the door-lock motor is located on the latch itself. I guess that it doesn't matter where the lock button is located since the button is only connected to a rod.

Let me get back to you with this.

L3G10N
09-03-2002, 09:53 PM
carot, now i know why you want my dorr latch ;)

A20A1
09-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Isn't there a control box under the passanger seat for the windows or the locks?

carotman
09-06-2002, 04:52 AM
Ok, I found the answer

Good news, the Sedan lock motors will fit on your coupe or hatch.

Fun huh? :p

anchovies
09-06-2002, 01:40 PM
No mod needed? Where will it mount?
And there is also a control box like A20A1 said right?

carotman
09-06-2002, 04:49 PM
It will mount in the same place it mounts in the sedan. The motor goes on the foor latch retainer.

Of course, you will need all the control boxes..

lostforawhile
08-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok, I found the answer

Good news, the Sedan lock motors will fit on your coupe or hatch.

Fun huh? :p
they won't fit inside of the hatch doors. the motor will mount to the lock mechanism but is too wide to fit inside of the door. already tried it. i spent hours trying to make it fit. it turns out the inside of some of the doors is wider then others. i'm going to go to an aftermarket kit.I know this an old thread i had to make the correction to save someone else the trouble.

frankie89
08-10-2005, 08:38 PM
wow this is an old thread..

carotman
08-10-2005, 08:51 PM
yeah old thread but it's valuable info. I was able to compare the door mecanism but I never actually tried to install it in the door itself. I just assumed it would fit.

mykwikcoupe
08-10-2005, 08:57 PM
why wouldnt you just take it to the local stereo shop and have them add actuators for like 35 bucks a door so you can sontrol them with the alarm. My g4 clifford will do window control, door control and remote start if it wasnt a manual tranny. seems easy to me. No wires no fuss

TheWatcher
08-11-2005, 06:11 AM
why wouldnt you just take it to the local stereo shop and have them add actuators for like 35 bucks a door so you can sontrol them with the alarm. My g4 clifford will do window control, door control and remote start if it wasnt a manual tranny. seems easy to me. No wires no fuss
Probably the same reason they struggle trying to ghetto the "auto up/down" window feature on another thread, instead of just going aftermarket.

Who knows? :lol:

BTW, they sell solenoid setups for the trunk to pop open also (just to avoid the next useless thread).

Peace.