PDA

View Full Version : o shit something happened

A18A
07-04-2006, 08:49 PM
well this car is really anoying now but i still love it. well just 2.4 minutes ago i went to start it up and it fired about 2 times and i heard a loud BANG sounded like it came from the carb, it was like a gun shot. any ideas? thats all i can describe...

crazykamper
07-04-2006, 09:38 PM
backfire? did anythin come out the back of exhaust?

A18A
07-04-2006, 09:43 PM
backfire? did anythin come out the back of exhaust?
nope nothing came out the back. i just started the car about 10 mins ago, it started normally but then ran for about 2 minutes went up to 3000rpm then tried to die, if i held my foot on the accelerator it would stay alive but i just let it stall, i tried to start it again and it didnt start properly :( and now it doesnt start at all again :( i noticed out the back there was alot more liuid than normal though. dont know if thats petrol or moisture. poor car :( :help:

MessyHonda
07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
well last time when my uncle and me were working on the car....it would not start up so by that time we flooded the carb and it back fired from the carb a 1foot fireball came out...thank god i took off my K&N filter or else it would of been toast

A18A
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
shit ur lucky u didnt get hurt, and nah i didnt flood my carb it just ran shitty. i took a couple vids of it running shitty.

vids:
shitty idle, sounds like tractor:
http://a18a.xmgfree.com/vid3.MOV
anoying exhaust:
http://a18a.xmgfree.com/vid2.MOV
shitty engine:
http://a18a.xmgfree.com/vid1.MOV

there still uploading so plz b paiteint :)

mkymonkey
07-05-2006, 12:42 AM
we had something like that happen on the service truck (ranchero) and my boss said (who by the way was a mechanic and knows just about anything when it comes to these engines) that there was a vacum leak or something like that. built up presure in the carb shots out through the leak and makes like a gunshot sound. he fixed it by just pluging some shit up and changing a hose or two. now i dont know if it would be the same problem with yours but this sounded familiar to me and i thought id let you know. plus i know jack shit when it comes to carbs.....they're like a mystery fucking piece of metal to me with a shitload of hoses coming out of them. lol gl

frantik
07-05-2006, 01:01 AM
.they're like a mystery fucking piece of metal to me with a shitload of hoses coming out of them. lol

lol thats how like the whole engine is to me :rofl: until last year when i got my 1st 3g the only car i had was an old VW bus.. the entire engine could fit in the wheel well of the 3gee lol and it's aircooled so all the coolant system shit is totally new to me

A18A
07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
what jackass attempted to make carbs perform like EFI :@

mkymonkey
07-05-2006, 01:16 AM
what do you mean?

A18A
07-05-2006, 01:17 AM
i thought honda wanted to make there carbed engines run and perform like a efi would didnt they?

mkymonkey
07-05-2006, 01:19 AM
if you say so. lol.....if you dont recall...i dont know shit about carbs hahaaha

Vanilla Sky
07-05-2006, 01:50 AM
i wouldn't say that, but if that's what they were going for, then they picked a crappy carb to start with. i see something like the good old DCOE as a good starting point for a comptuer controlled carb.

i had my old DX backfire through the carb on me. never ran the same. i was getting parts together so i could DCOE, but in the end, i parked the car. i'm hoping i can DCOE the car eventually, but meh.

do yourself a good visible check of the carb. make sure the butterflies are in good shape and sealing, and make sure you still have all of your vacuum lines intact. when i backfired through my carb, i popped off most of my lines that are connected to the intake. THAT sucked.

good luck with getting it running well again.

A18A
07-05-2006, 01:59 AM
aw damn i hate carbs, is there any possible way to get it to just run off the throttle stop screw? my car doesnt like idling below 1000, it always wants to stall :(

might aswell move this into carb section now....

NitroNeonRT
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Everytime I seen back fire through a carb was a timming issue. Ignition and cam can do it.

A20A1
07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
i thought honda wanted to make there carbed engines run and perform like a efi would didnt they?

They wanted a transistion from CARB to EFI under the new emissions regulations.

A20A1
07-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Are you firing on all cylinders?

Are all your spark plugs in the hole?

Is your gaskets leaking?

Vacuum leak?

Possibly something wrong with the valve lash.

A18A
07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
all my cylinders are firing although no.3 seams a little weak i think :S

plugs are in there holes, like they should be

no leaks

no leaks

whats valve lash? i do think my timing is a little advanced though

Cant Stop
07-09-2006, 07:44 AM
use the throttle stop screw to get it at 1000rpm or more mine doesnt like idle below 1000 either so i idle mine at 1200