PDA

View Full Version : no power kick?

labeledsk8r
07-04-2006, 10:02 PM
i know i have been posting alot of things but i gotta get everytihng worked out on my car, and this problem i dont really know much about but ima try to explain it, i know when i first got the car, if i would excelerate hard it would kick up rpms like it would be climing from 2,000 slowly and jump up to 5,000 or so, i know theres some name for it, but it only will do that about 25% of the time now, im guessing it might be a vacum controled thing so i was thinking a leak, but any ideas would help and ways to fix (i hope i explained that well enough)

gfrg88
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
try a complete tune up.

MessyHonda
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
yup it could be your secondaries....your carb...my car had hessitation...it would take a long time to rev up...the reman carb fixed it but it runs too rich and now i cant pass smog...the mechanic that does carbs is just talking too long he comes up with lame ass excuses...so i dont think i will be driving my DX alot

labeledsk8r
07-04-2006, 10:23 PM
my carb is good i just had it tuned up fully. what are the secondaries? i was reading up on that while reading on vacum hose removal,

'89AccordLX(Rus)
07-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Our carbs are two barrel. There is a large primary barrel, and a smaller secondary barrel. The butterfly valve in the second barrel opens through the use of a vacuum diaphragm. If you stand in front of the engine, the secondary diaphragm is on the front of the carb on the driver's side. Check the hoses leading to it for leaks. Also check to make sure the diaphragm holds vacuum. My guess is that you have a vacuum leak or a faulty diaphragm that fails to open the secondaries at the right time.

labeledsk8r
07-05-2006, 12:19 PM
how can i check the diaphragm for holding vacuum? also if it is a faulty diaphram can i just pick this up at a local parts store or what, id go check it now but its raining thanks

'89AccordLX(Rus)
07-05-2006, 12:40 PM
You can check it using a vacuum pump. Or you could open the secondaries by rotating the lever on the side and holding the vacuum port closed with you finger. If the diaphragm doesn't hold the lever in position, its leaking. As far as I know, the diaphragm is a dealer-only item.

A20A1
07-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Auto or manual trans?

as for the vacuum leak you may need to check the themovalve, if it's busted you can bypass it but then the secondaries might open when the engine is cold or something like that.

checking the vacuum leak like suggested above using a vacuum pump.

labeledsk8r
07-05-2006, 03:37 PM
its auto trans, im thinking it might be the vacuum lines since i have allready had 5 lines that were died up and broken, i wish it would stop raining so i could start looking at it

A20A1
07-08-2006, 03:14 AM
If you think its a vaccum line I wont argure with that.

Woah, those ignition wires you have... are very long. I remember buying a custom set of Accel wires but I cut them to fit.

as for being automatic... it has a effect on the power you feel.

basicly if your auto trans doesn't downshift properly the rpms will not raise quickly. since you'll be stuck in the wrong gear.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40885

labeledsk8r
07-08-2006, 03:34 AM
well i got a chance to check the vac lines leading to the diaphram and they looked good, i drove it around all day yesterday and whenever i got onto the throtal it seemed to kick in again, if it keeps working im not going to bother with it, if it starts not working i will try changine the diaphram for the secondaries. I might just say screw it and do some vac line deletes only thing im worried about is fuel milage and i kinda like haveing cruise control. the trany is going to be getting serviced after my next paycheck

Woah, those ignition wires you have... are very long. I remember buying a custom set of Accel wires but I cut them to fit.

yeah lol mostly it was my first time crimping the wires and i didnt know i was suposed to cut them to length, i learn from my mistakes i guess

zeus
07-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Sounds to me like you are speaking about the transmission downshifting when you give it more gas/increase the load on the engine.

I believe on these cars there's a TV cable or something that can be adjusted. Sorry, If I want mine to downshift, I just do knock it into D3 or 2.

labeledsk8r
07-23-2006, 05:16 PM
naa its not the transmition, i figured out its the secondarys, i had some other problems come up and when i pilled everytihng apart half my vacume lines were all screwd up, all are fixed except my broken choke release wich im getting tomarow from a junk yard, but thanks on the idea

A20A1
07-23-2006, 05:24 PM
If I want to downshift I just pull the TV cable with my free hand... Or hook it to a manual pedal assembly clutch pedal and use the left foot to control shifting. Drive around in D3 most of the time.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31729
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40885