PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the DMV PLEASE!

Devon
07-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Ok I got a 1989 Accord, I traded my friend a laptop for it. Anyways he told me to get it registered I would need to just forge the old owners name. I got a accord with all the bill of sale paperwork showing that its all signed off, I paid the tags $97 and they still wont register it they say they must have a oregon title signed off by gordon the previous owner I got a hold of gordon up in oregon and he went to oregon dmv and they said it was titled and registered in california and there was nothing he could do. so I don't know what to do now iam stuck with a unregesterable worn out accord and have no idea what to do. any ideas people?

Cheeseburger
07-04-2006, 11:04 PM
i would say that if gordon could get the name and phone # of the person in charge of the dmv in oragon and then you give the name and phone # to the person in charge of the dmv in cali.

Devon
07-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Doesn't seem to work that way I asked the lady at DMV in cali if she could call oregon dmv or the gordon guy who owns it but she says it will do no good. I just don't understand how a car can be registered and titled in california (according to oregon dmv) yet california needs a oregon title its such a bunch of bullshit Iam wondering if a leinsale is possible.

ghettogeddy
07-07-2006, 12:27 PM
just have the guy in origon sign the title over to u and mail to u then take it in and show it to dmv

Devon
07-07-2006, 02:12 PM
he has no title and went to oregon dmv that said it was titled and registered in california

MessyHonda
07-07-2006, 05:43 PM
that is a werid story...you got a car from oregon then tried to register it and they said you need the oregon title but when you asked the guy he said its already registered in cali? well i would try to get that last title of that car.

Devon
07-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Well after doing more diging the car is registered in california but the title is in oregon the guy lost the title and basically I would have to have the owner in oregon cooperate in helping me get the title. and in oregon it cost $55 dollars for a duplicate title then she told me another $55 to put it in my name! this is so fucked up. Iam selling the car for $500 bucks as is. any takers? located in red bluff california.