PDA

View Full Version : assistance please

'A20A3'
07-06-2006, 11:45 AM
some silly bastard threw a brick through my rear window while i was sleeping and all the glass shops around here can't get a new one. They're saying i gotta go through Honda and get the glass or go to the junkyard. Well fuck a piece of junkyard glass, and majestichonda wants $300 for a new window. Do any of you guys know where I can get a cheaper window?

mkymonkey
07-06-2006, 11:51 AM
thats pretty much what youre going to pay for a windshield dude. i know that i paid freaking 250 for one for an 81 bwm. completly sucked :(

but gl

2ndGenGuy
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
If the junkyard glass isn't cracked, why not get it? You can clean up glass easily and it will look just like it did before. I pulled a windshield for a Jeep from the JY. It was great. Shops don't make rear window glass because its so rare that they get broken. Thats why when you watch monster garage or some hot rod show on TV they always say "The rare rear window".

MessyHonda
07-06-2006, 01:53 PM
when the car was new...my dad got pissed at my mom and she would not let him inside the house cuz he was drunk...he picked up a brick and smashed the rear window...the cops said that they could not take him to jail cuz he was co-signer on the car...well he had to pay 500 bucks just to get it replaced...and that was in like 89. so yeah 300 bucks does not sound as bad now. put yeah you can go to the jy and get one for like 50 bucks

Oldblueaccord
07-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Tine for some Lexan and some self tapping screws. Be the first. I bet you save 30 lbs off the back if its a hatch.

wp