PDA

View Full Version : upgrading lx front rotors

powderkey2
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I want to upgrade the front brakes on my son's '89 lx. I've got plenty of access to Lx i's at the junkyard here. Have already rebuilt the front calipers from a SE I. My question...and probably a simple one at that. I just replaced the drivers side axle. What parts will I need to get off an LX I to do this job...and it won't effect the new axle will it? Is there a difference in LX and LXI axles? I think I just need to be sure and pull part from 88-89's. After the upgrade I'll be able to use 15" rims correct? Even if I stick to the drums in the rear (not by choice...just can't find any SE I's around here)...they were the same as the ones on LX I's if I researched correctly.

Legend_master
07-06-2006, 02:29 PM
I want to upgrade the front brakes on my son's '89 lx. I've got plenty of access to Lx i's at the junkyard here. Have already rebuilt the front calipers from a SE I. My question...and probably a simple one at that. I just replaced the drivers side axle. What parts will I need to get off an LX I to do this job...and it won't effect the new axle will it? Is there a difference in LX and LXI axles? I think I just need to be sure and pull part from 88-89's. After the upgrade I'll be able to use 15" rims correct? Even if I stick to the drums in the rear (not by choice...just can't find any SE I's around here)...they were the same as the ones on LX I's if I researched correctly.

Get 88-89 LX-i Sedan or Coupe assembly hubs with 88-89 LX-i calipers and rotors then you are set. There will be no problems with the axles, the only difference between axles happens with the auto and 5-speed.

jlros75
07-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi, you'll need the spindle and hub from the 88-89 LX-i, dont need new axle's and I'm not sure if you will need the Bigger Master cylinder or not.

powderkey2
07-08-2006, 03:28 PM
oh yeah...thanks I forgot about the master cylinder...I have one for the SE I...but I was going to pull the brake proportioning valve from the LX I.

Thanks for the help.