PDA

View Full Version : torn between two, opinions needed

cowchise
07-06-2006, 07:58 PM
so i use to have a 88 lx-i coupe handed down to me by my older sister. she blew the transmission while she was giving it to me and my dad just junked it, didn't think i really wanted to keep it though i fought for it. i joined the fourms when i was bout to get the car just haven't been posting cause didn't need to.

a couple months later i start looking for a new car, perferable a 3rd gen accord, and i come up with one on craigslist and one in the newspaper. both are automatics and lx-i's and 4dr.

the white 89 has a 87 or 88 hatch motor because of a blown piston and was leaking oil so the owner swapped it out. i looked at the car and it's in good...decent condition. exterior didn't seem to have any rust spots and comes with sunroof. there seems to be no major problem with the "new engine." supposedly the lx-i hatch. had bout 119k on it and the white accord itself has 124k on the odomotor. also comes with a worn out bra, and studed snow tires. $1975

the black 88. haven't seen yet. supposedly has sun or moon roof, i forget which. but about 125k miles. i'm going to check it out tomorrow. if it the body is in good codition like the white accord i'm thinking i'm going the the black accord. ad said was "loaded" but i guess i'll see tomrrow. $2200 obo

just wondering what your opinions were. would be greatly appreciated:)

w261w261
07-06-2006, 08:06 PM
I'd keep looking for a 5 speed fuel injected. Lots fewer problems over the carbed engines, plus more power. The car is fun to drive w/ the manual. With the slush box, ok I guess but there's a reason people are doing auto to manual swaps.

MessyHonda
07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
you got to keep looking...it took me 8 months to find the perfect car...and i have it now...its a 1989 lx-i so its fuel injected and its 5 speed, its a real clean car it only has 136k and i picked it up for 500 bucks...it only needs breaks, axles and some TLC