PDA

View Full Version : So....my cars been dead for a week....

3gn86lxi
07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Yah, uh......died on Saturday.....in the middle of an intersection......
Just died, won't restart, no spark. Went to have the ignition module deal tested today, and nobody has the capability locally. Fuck.............. Coil's good, main relay's good, no spark.
I'm pretty sure it's that module, and it's expensive too.
Any ideas, you guys think I'm on the right track?

A20A1
07-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Check the battery cables... replaces them maybe as well as the ground wires.

Check all ground wires, and the connections for corrosion and make sure they are not fraying or loose.

3gn86lxi
07-07-2006, 05:09 PM
No, I have LOTS of battery. Car turns over, but it just spins like there's no compression. You know?
I have checked the timing belt and it's there, so I know thats not the deal.

lostforawhile
07-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I have an extra used module around here somewhere. pm me,I'll have to look for it,but you can have it. It might have been the reason for a miss in my car also,but it will run with it. at least it will tell you what the problem is. if you have a junkyard near you,you can also pull a module off an 81-83 civic,and I think some preludes have the same module. I ran a civic module in my car for years. it has different numbers,but it functions exactly the same.

3gn86lxi
07-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I just ordered a dizzy since the ignition module is SOOOOO expensive. Holy shit..........I found a remanufactured dizzy for less than the module itself. So I hope that fixes it.
I know I can't afford to drive my truck with gas prices what they are.
Thanks for the offer Tim. btw, I appreciate it.

TheWatcher
07-08-2006, 02:23 AM
I just ordered a dizzy since the ignition module is SOOOOO expensive. Holy shit..........I found a remanufactured dizzy for less than the module itself. So I hope that fixes it.
I know I can't afford to drive my truck with gas prices what they are.
Thanks for the offer Tim. btw, I appreciate it.
The jy is cheap. :)

Peace.

88Accord-DX
07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
That reminds me of my friends 96' Mazda 626, it had no spark. Fuel was fine, along with everything else. The issue was the ignition controle module in the distributor which I pin-pointed. Cost his ass $175 from O'Reilley's :jaw:...At least it was with lifetime warranty.

Tecknixia
07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Maybe the rotor came loose? Oh well, I guess you've got it taken care of.

A18A
07-17-2006, 11:14 PM
That reminds me of my friends 96' Mazda 626, it had no spark. Fuel was fine, along with everything else. The issue was the ignition controle module in the distributor which I pin-pointed. Cost his ass $175 from O'Reilley's :jaw:...At least it was with lifetime warranty.
my sisters 92 mazda 626 had, the bastards try 2 charge us $500 for a new dizzy w/ module the rip offs, the cheapest we could get it was $200, and it took them all week, and they didnt do shit untill we got there 2 pick it up.

mykwikcoupe
07-18-2006, 09:10 AM
wow man sorry to hear it. keep me updated, I take it your not comming over for the daughters b0day on the 29th. Anyway just athought, will the one from the 88 i gave you work? did you do an actual compression check since you say its acting like there no compression?