PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a clean bodied sedan...

Hash_man_Se_i
07-07-2006, 07:35 PM
So, I'm trying to find a rust free sedan, as I'm getting pissed off with mine lately.

I am located in Calgary, AB, Canada. But if the car is in BC, Saskatchewan, or even some of the northern states, ie: montana, washington etc. I am willing to travel a bit for this.

I am also looking at importing one, but its damn hard to find a clean one.

So, if anyone can help point me in the right direction thatd be sweet. Oh and the car must be fuel injected. and preferably an 88 or 89.

EDIT:

I may also be stupid enough to go all the way to california for a clean car. :S
Thanks,
Jason

Oldblueaccord
07-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I live here in Knoxville TN. I see lots of cars for sale for like $300. We have little snow here and they salt the roads only on a chance of snow.

If your interested I could look around for you. I have been thinking of doing it as a side hobbie for a while since I see people wanting clean cars.

You can PM if you need my help.

wp

AccordRacing21
07-08-2006, 09:59 PM
There's a carbed 86 or 87 next door. Exactly what you don't want, but this thing is soooooo clean. I think they're asking a grand. It's in Oregon.

Hash_man_Se_i
07-09-2006, 11:41 AM
^^^ Ya oregon is not too far, but definately dont want a carb'd car... I dont feel like dealing with that bs, even though I have to change out the whole engine harness anyways, I dunno.

And TN, is that tennesee?... lol where the heck is that in relation to me. I'm basically just north of montana.

Cheeseburger
07-09-2006, 11:45 AM
not a sedan but its clean! and where in canada are you from hash?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/car/179898160.html

Hash_man_Se_i
07-09-2006, 12:52 PM
^^ Calgary, Alberta.
THat is a nice clean looking car, but I must have a sedan. Just personal preference.

newaccorddriver
07-09-2006, 05:05 PM
damn, if that coupe was in edmonton or in alberta in general, id buy it in a heartbeat... i wanted an accord coupe since i got my sedan, although the sedan functions alot better in my life anyways

Hash_man_Se_i
07-09-2006, 06:39 PM
THere is a mint coupe in calgary, but the guy wants like $4k for it... Now back on topic... the sedan hunt continues.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-22-2006, 11:48 PM
OK back up to the top, still looking to Japan and the US for a clean body, its way too hard to find up here.
Any of you Northern Cali guys know good websites to look on? if you could post up some links thatd be much appreciated.
I've got a good chunk of money on the way and if I could use it to buy a clean sedan to work on over the winter I would be extatic.... Help me out fellow 3geer's:help: :help: :help: :wave:

2oodoor
08-23-2006, 01:25 AM
TN ,,, dam you knew that was tazmania right?

I have a sweet LX ., BLUE just like TonLoc's I would practically give it away to a 3gee member, has not run in three odd some years, towed in on a dui never claimed, my friend gave it to me, 86 does not need title to get tag, j
mind you it does not look near as good as TonLoc car by far but its totaly strieght and stock sedan.

I may have goofed that one may be 87...

frantik
08-23-2006, 02:41 AM
Any of you Northern Cali guys know good websites to look on? if you could post up some links thatd be much appreciated.
craigslist

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=1&subAreaID=0&query=accord+lxi&catAbbreviation=car&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&addTwo=

if you find any within an hour's driving time of san jose i'd be willing to go check it out and deal with the buyer and whatnot.. :)

here's a nice looking laurel blue one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/197679715.html

ESDEEZ
08-23-2006, 03:21 AM
do they have any age restictions on imports were u live?

Hash_man_Se_i
08-23-2006, 09:28 AM
here's a nice looking laurel blue one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/197679715.html

Wow 89k miles, that looks pretty good... Hmm, not a bad price either.

Thanks for the links, and I'll let you know if I need help, thats much appreciated.

do they have any age restictions on imports were u live?

To import from the USA there are very few restrictions, from anywhere else it has to be 15 yrs old or older.

TN ,,, dam you knew that was tazmania right?

Lol... no... I don't know state abbreviations. well I know a few, but 50 states, come on.... I know all the provinces here in Canada though haha

2oodoor
08-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Hash Im glad you got a chuckle out of that , that is all it was for. I thought it was fjunny. you may think your in tazmania in certain parts of the T state, every terrain you can think of at some point.

89StockLXi
08-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Here's something I saw in the local San Francisco paper and there's a link for you to it. According to the VIN, it was assembled in Sayama, Japan (vs. Suzuka, Japan) -- if you're concerned with which plant assembled it...Don't know about the entity selling it. Berkeley is fairly close but I don't go over the Bay Bridge much these days. My wife is not selling hers with intact pinstripes, etc. YET so that is not an option. Happy hunting and if I see anything else, I'll post. :)

1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI SEDAN 4D

Price: $2,498
Trim: Lxi Sedan 4d
Color: Gray
Mileage: 145,361
Body: Sedan
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.0 Liter
VIN: JHMCA5647KCO70094

http://www.sfgate.com/cars/

Alacarauto
2438 San Pablo Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
510-499-2857

Hash_man_Se_i
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
^^ Thanks for the link.

MessyHonda
08-24-2006, 08:47 PM
here you go http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/198258363.html MR Hashman...lol sorry i could not help it:kekeke:

LOOk it has SE-I RIms...looks like it needs a good wash.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-24-2006, 09:28 PM
^^ Looks alright, but I'd rather have an 88 or 89, besides which, I already have 2 sets of se-i rims and center caps.

But, I may be waiting till spring to do this now, I will keep looking on these sites though, but with school starting next week, and winter approaching quick, I think it may be best to wait till spring. I'll just buy a motor to keep me busy over the winter :P