PDA

View Full Version : Problems with reverse indiglos

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Dunno if this belongs here or in technical.....oh well. Anyways, anybody else have problems with their reverse indiglos from procarparts crapping out on them? I've had them about 4-5, maybe 6 months, and lately they would just pop on every once in awile, but most of the time didn't light up. I took the cluster out and checked all the wiring and it was all fine, and the transformer is getting power. Dimmer switch is connected and turned all the way up, but they just don't light up. I'm guessing the transformer died. Any ideas on how I could fix these ones? Or will I just have to buy another set? (getting them from ebay this time, lol)

Thanks ;)

SQ is the SQUAD
08-27-2002, 04:44 AM
i got mine for procarparts via ebay for $29, but i havent installed them yet

MoonScryer
08-27-2002, 08:02 AM
How high have you got them turned up? One problem with these cheap gauge replacements his the transformers. The more you turn up the brightness, the more they ned to put out. I got mine turned a 3rd of the way up, maybe a litle beyond that, but that is it. The only way to make them last is to keep them low lit.

If the transformer does die, you can buy a replacement on the web.

shepherd79
08-27-2002, 11:37 AM
well i had mine for about a 2 month. and i love it. i never had this kind problem. i may have to turn them down.

anchovies
08-27-2002, 12:50 PM
okie i just installed mine too, no problems thanks to shepherd79
they don't offer it on ebay anymore (at least for now, maybe later??)

my roommate has indiglos on his ride and the problem is that he bend the wire connecting the gauges too much, hence the connection at that part has separated and once a while it lights up. So check that part, take off the cluster and put that part of the connection straight and bend and try to test it. That might be your problem

hope that helps

3rdgenSLIMER
08-27-2002, 12:52 PM
i have mine lit up all the way. never had any problems. the only problem i have is when i turn on my brights, the gauges go off, and the only time the gauges come on are when the headlights are on. i don't know how to get them to come on when you turn the light-turner-on-thingy one time, not all the way on, but just one notch. that sounds really weird i just cant think of what its called.

three6ohchris
08-27-2002, 04:52 PM
mine just make a high pitched buzzing sound... but i guess that is common... they come on when the car comes on, i guess its just the way i wired em... so far so good.. lets hope it stays that way.

toastyghost
08-28-2002, 04:56 PM
The high-pitched noise sounds like what my friend's 01 Civic did when his indiglo pedals were grounded where the lead to the battery got stripped coming through the firewall. Might want to look into it.

anchovies
08-29-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by 3rdgenSLIMER
i don't know how to get them to come on when you turn the light-turner-on-thingy one time, not all the way on, but just one notch. that sounds really weird i just cant think of what its called.

splice into the dimmer switch for the dash (the switch between the rear defogger and headlight popups)
splice into the red with black stripe wire
thanks to shepherd79 for this info

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-29-2002, 01:10 AM
Hey Moon, where abouts can I get a new transformer? I'm pretty darn sure that's it because I know that it's getting power, but none coming out the other side, lol.

Thanks ;)

89AccordNate
08-29-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by anchovies

splice into the dimmer switch for the dash (the switch between the rear defogger and headlight popups)
splice into the red with black stripe wire
thanks to shepherd79 for this info

Splice the wire into the dash? I dont think so. All you need to do is to run a wire into the fuse box under the dash to your rear parking lights. Pull the fuse, stick the power wire in and go. Dont do all of that wire cutting stuff, your asking for trouble later on.

Nate.

anchovies
08-30-2002, 02:35 PM
ahhh...learn new things everyday

shepherd79
08-30-2002, 02:43 PM
yeah but it is harder to work in smaller space.
i just spliced to the thing that controls the brightness of the lights.
it doesn't damage anything.
plus if you do in a fuse it may pop out or overhear and damage the fuse box or something like that.
i have this on my car and it works great.

Coroncho80
08-31-2002, 04:56 PM
I've had mines for like 2 or 3 months and they are A OK! and i have them all the way up too. I bought them from Procarparts.com and i pay like $71! I think i got jiped! lol. I first saw them on ebay, but somebody always overbit me so i said fuck it and went to the website and bought them. So far so good!