PDA

View Full Version : what would you do with openloops car?

89l_x_i
07-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Anyone that has visited the marketplace forum by now knows that OpenLoop is selling its accord coupe which is one the finest examples of 3geez performance. However if any of you had the pleasure of buying this car what would you do with it? Leave it alone and enjoy as it is? Add a turbo perhaps? Nitrous? or just a new set of wheels? Heres what i would do (no offense to OpenLoop) i would give it a different paintjob. Ive owned white cars before and they are a bitch to clean. Other than that i would lighten the car up a bit slap on some slicks and hopefully run mid to low 14s in the 1/4. What would you guys do?

gfrg88
07-10-2006, 04:09 PM
well it was already running 14s 1/4 mile, wasnt it?? i would turbo it, easily get it into the 12s ;)

but i think its dumb to get a car that already has performace parts, since you cant mod it, and the best part of modding cars is you actually doing the work, imo.

MessyHonda
07-10-2006, 04:40 PM
i would slap a turbo with a water cooled intercooler...and then prepare it for autox...screw str8 line racing

89l_x_i
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
According to OpenLoop the car ran a 15.5 1/4 @ gfrg88

gfrg88
07-10-2006, 05:40 PM
i would slap a turbo with a water cooled intercooler...and then prepare it for autox...screw str8 line racing

well turbo isnt good for autox.....

gfrg88
07-10-2006, 05:42 PM
According to OpenLoop the car ran a 15.5 1/4 @ gfrg88

guess i was wrong, but that was before he had done many of the new mods he has now....

Hash_man_Se_i
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I would use it for a daily driver... thats a damn nice car.

Strugglebucket
07-10-2006, 10:51 PM
what would you do with openloops car?

umm...i'd drive it.

SteveDX89
07-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Compression is too high for a turbo unless you plan on running like 2 lbs of boost.

keruhas184
07-11-2006, 05:19 AM
^ Word. It's a N/A built car, you'll have to replace a few things if you want to boost it.

kennyaccordlxi
07-11-2006, 06:05 AM
I would use it for a daily driver... thats a damn nice car.

Drive It and put a nice I.C.E system in it.

thegreatdane
07-12-2006, 03:54 PM
The car is not that special guys. just get off your lazy ass'es and build something yourself

kennyaccordlxi
07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
The car is not that special guys. just get off your lazy ass'es and build something yourself
:wtf:
You`re entitled to your opinion so is everyone else, the majority thinks its a nice car some don`t (like yourself). Your car isn`t that special to some people and to others it is including yourself get my drift?

And you telling people to get off their lazy asses and build something theirselves is just plain ignorant, stupid and irresponsible, I guess you are gonna go to every board or site that has a built or modded vechile for sale and tell them to get off their lazy asses and build something themselves? good luck with that, there are a whole shitload of people wanting to buy built vechiles.

Reason people buy those types of vechiles is cost they can`t afford to put that kind of time, work, and money into something like that. Thats why they buy a vechile already modded.

On the other hand people buy what the fuck they want, and you stop hypocriting you know you want it just as bad as everyone else that wants to buy it. Let people buy what they want and stop bitching like a dog in heat.

DUH!

gfrg88
07-12-2006, 05:49 PM

soo true!!! lots of people on here can easily do what he has, i think the only reason why everyone wants his car and they think its so "badass", not i dont think it is cause i do, only cause they have actually dynoed it and showed some pretty goo numbers. im hoping to see something a little higher than that, within a moth or two ;)

gfrg88
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
You`re entitled to your opinion so is everyone else, the majority thinks its a nice car some don`t (like yourself). Your car isn`t that special to some people and to others it is including yourself get my drift?
And you telling people to get off their lazy asses and build something theirselves is just plain ignorant, stupid and irresponsible, I guess you are gonna go to every board or site that has a built or modded vechile for sale and tell them to get off their lazy asses and build something themselves? good luck with that, there are a whole shitload of people wanting to buy built vechiles.
Reason people buy those types of vechiles is cost they can`t afford to put that kind of time, work, and money into something like that. Thats why they buy a vechile already modded.
On the other hand people buy what the fuck they want, and you stop hypocriting you know you want it just as bad as everyone else that wants to buy it. Let people buy what they want and stop bitching like a dog in heat.
DUH!

:stupid: :bandance:

reanimator420
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
LOL great^ thats great

MessyHonda
07-12-2006, 06:53 PM
dont have money to buy that car and dont have money to mod mine...my books cost 650 bucks for freken tech school

thegreatdane
07-13-2006, 03:23 AM
DUH!

only one bitching here is you. I like the car, I think it's great, but there's nothing so special about it that you couldnt easily build something faster yourself. Afterall there's only 1 of this car for sale...
And I dont believe I said anything about it being cheaper

A18A
07-13-2006, 05:05 AM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/owned-41407.jpg

kennyaccordlxi
07-13-2006, 12:39 PM
only one bitching here is you. I like the car, I think it's great, but there's nothing so special about it that you couldnt easily build something faster yourself. Afterall there's only 1 of this car for sale...
And I dont believe I said anything about it being cheaper
You didn`t say anything about it being cheaper, I did... Learn to read, I said buying a modded/built car is cheaper for some people, You obviously have a problem and worried that someone will buy the car. Live And Let Die. People do the smart thing when they don`t have a whole lot of money to mod a car, Buy one thats already modded or built then add to it or don`t. Obviously You Don`t Get That.
:rly: :nuts: :slap: :werd: :blah:
You dont want me to bitch, I`ll be all over you like flys on a pile of shit. LOL
Then I`ll get banned from this site :bandance: (not good).

B16KILLA
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
You didn`t say anything about it being cheaper, I did... Learn to read, I said buying a modded/built car is cheaper for some people, You obviously have a problem and worried that someone will buy the car. Live And Let Die. People do the smart thing when they don`t have a whole lot of money to mod a car, Buy one thats already modded or built then add to it or don`t. Obviously You Don`t Get That.
:rly: :nuts: :slap: :werd: :blah:
You dont want me to bitch, I`ll be all over you like flys on a pile of shit. LOL
Then I`ll get banned from this site :bandance: (not good).

Calm down dude , theres no reason to start making threats that you cant back up, dont to take it to a point to where your going to banned from the site. We're all here because we share the same interest in something. Not so we can have indifferences, disagreements, and petty lil arguments like the one thats going on right now. Everyone is going to have different ideas on what they want to do depending on certain factors so dont shun them for their opinoin or because they didnt read a reply correct.

kennyaccordlxi
07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Calm down dude , theres no reason to start making threats that you cant back up, dont to take it to a point to where your going to banned from the site. We're all here because we share the same interest in something. Not so we can have indifferences, disagreements, and petty lil arguments like the one thats going on right now. Everyone is going to have different ideas on what they want to do depending on certain factors so dont shun them for their opinoin or because they didnt read a reply correct.

I`m calm, the fact I`m getting across is not everyone has deep pockets.

kennyaccordlxi
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I`m not threating anyone, I told him If I was bitching I`ll be all over like flys on a pile of shit. what I meant by that is that I can hold my own with actions and words.

B16KILLA
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I`m calm, the fact I`m getting across is not everyone has deep pockets.

I understand that not everyone has deep pockets. I built my whole car wothout a job. And the fact that your letters are exteremly oversized dosent mean your calm (CAPS is yelling and your beyond that :wtf: ).

kennyaccordlxi
07-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I understand that not everyone has deep pockets. I built my whole car wothout a job. And the fact that your letters are exteremly oversized dosent mean your calm (CAPS is yelling and your beyond that :wtf: ).
I know exactly what oversize letters and all caps mean. I`m not yelling ,free country if I was LOL, I put them that large is so it will catch his attention. so yeah what the fuck:wtf: LOL I`m being silly, serious and calm at the same time. Oh well live and let die.

thegreatdane
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
:rofl: lol you're funny dude. .....but I also cant take you seriously.

kennyaccordlxi
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
:rofl: lol you're funny dude. .....but I also cant take you seriously.

You don`t have to. lol

gfrg88
07-13-2006, 04:54 PM

yeah matt's right. you dont have to have deeep pockets to mod a car. so far all ive spent on my car is about $600 including wheels. and im prolly gonna see more horsies than him in just about $200 more ;) that includes aftermarket intake manifold, huge tb, test pipe, and cam. you just have to be patient and look for good deals. oh and i just barely started working about two months ago. ive also slowly built my car without a job :rockon: