PDA

View Full Version : engine light

EX-ileAccord
07-11-2006, 06:59 AM
so, I try to start my car this morning and my engine light stays on and will not fire the fule pump. Its not the first time it has happend, but recently its been getting worse. Now it wont start at all. i've been searching the site for a week and dident find anything, anyone have any ideas? (its an 89 EX-i)

A18A
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
hey i seen ur car on cardomain, very nice work! (if yours is the 1 that got crashed and had blue doors etc.)

anyways, as for your problem, what do you mean it wont fire the fuel pump? is it a blown fuse or something? i dont really know a hella lot about that sry

snoopyloopy
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
maybe we have the same problem. my car won't start sometimes immediately. it'll sound like it started for a split second then will just die. then when it does start, the cel is there in my peripheral vision and i don't like lights being on when i'm driving.

EX-ileAccord
07-11-2006, 04:05 PM
hahaha yeah im the guy with the blue doors. the engine light stays on as soon as i turn the car on and wont go out it use to do it only sometimes and then go away but today it just stays on. i just checked for the light on the ecu, and while i was doing that the engine light flashed off, i heard the relay and pump make a noise but as soon as i tryed to start it same thing. I have spark just no fuel, i think it might be the relay but im totaly lost right now(the light is on even tho the car is not running)

EX-ileAccord
07-13-2006, 06:10 AM
well I got it running last night. I got in to put the windows up the light went out and it started no problem. It started this morrning too, i'm gonna replace the main relay anyway, and see if it makes any difference