PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Question

sunderland
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
My radiator has developed a slow leak. :sad2: How do I determine if a new radiator is a 1 or 2 row radiator?
Also, does anyone know what the closest replacement/aftermarket radiator to the original Denso would be?
Thanks for the help.

snoopyloopy
07-11-2006, 09:58 PM
you could probably find one on ebay. if you want an original or the closest one made now, head to your local honda dealer and see if they can't help you out there. other than that, just go to a jy and grab one. 3gs litter the junkyards out here in cali by the dozen and many still have a decent radiator in them.

MessyHonda
07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
i got a Koyo from ebay and it ran to be like 115 shipped but it cools so good that it takes the car a while to get up to temp...also on freeway driving my temp goes down and i do 3k+ on 5th grear

sunderland
07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll get one ordered tomorrow.

88Accord-DX
07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
For future thoughts on this thread. You won't have a warranty from buying one off ebay even though it might be cheaper. Personally, I bought one for a $99 at O'Reillys with lifetime warranty for as long as you own the car.

Just think of the headaches of trying to return a radiator if your doing some kind of mail order thing...(if problems happen with it) Something to think about..

Edit- Sometimes paying the piper on a warranty is less trouble than EGAY or some other mail order bride if you have troubles in the long run with it.

MessyHonda
07-13-2006, 07:07 AM
For future thoughts on this thread. You won't have a warranty from buying one off ebay even though it might be cheaper. Personally, I bought one for a $99 at O'Reillys with lifetime warranty for as long as you own the car.
Just think of the headaches of trying to return a radiator if your doing some kind of mail order thing...(if problems happen with it) Something to think about..
Edit- Sometimes paying the piper on a warranty is less trouble than EGAY or some other mail order bride if you have troubles in the long run with it.
well when i got it on ebay the guy came from san carlos that is only like a 9 min drive from where i live...he said that they offered lifetime warranty on defects from the manufacture....so if a rock hits you...you are screwed....but yeah just get a radiator from your local parts store if you dont want all that truble.

smufguy
07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
autopartswarehouse sells all aluminum radiators for around 120 (free shipping over 50 bux from them).

I got my replacement radiator from Autozone for 98 bux. still goin good after two years.

Just get a stock replacement, no need for high performance Radiators, if your engine is stock.