PDA

View Full Version : carburated to f.i.

drewsleeperlxi
07-13-2006, 02:03 PM
has any one swaped to f.i. for carbonation?

I just blew my motor up and well a guy has my motor but carburated just wondering what do i all have to do to swap. thanx u

GOTWILDRICE
07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
- I think the thing to do would be swap the block and head out and leave your PGFI system in place- that way you shouldn't loose hp. I'm kinda in the same boat have 88 Exi with bad piston rings and vaule seals - looking for a donor engine or parts car- from what i read on this the fuel intake and exhaust manifold should bolt up just the same. Having not actually done this to would be great to have someone post who's actual finished a similar project.... but since members have converted their a20a1 to FI I think there's no reason this cant be done.
Looking at the manual some of the engine specs vary beween the two motors - am I going to have lower horses if i use the block and head from a a20a1 to repower my a20a3.

come on yawl - i know someone has the 411:) :)

EricW
07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
If you need to swap motors just swap the full block. You don't have to swap the intake manifold and header to the ones on the other block your intake manifold and header will bolt right up.

ghettogeddy
07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
yup all u need is the block and hell while you have it off u might as well through some new pistons and rings and do a p&p on the head

TheWatcher
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Seriously, you need to SEARCH.

3geez has one of the best search functions of any board on the internet.

Two member have done it AND posted detailed instructions of what and how to do the swap.

Peace.