PDA

View Full Version : I need lots of help

87AccordLXsdn
07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
OK. I have tons of problems with my Weber carb. I just had it rebuilt and for some reason its runnin like shit. There is a vacuum line thats not plugged that is suckin a lot of air but if you plug it, the car wants to die. It blows smoke out the pipe...sometimes black...when the "idle screw" (i think thats what it is) is adjusted, it either idles real high or normal rpms, but chugs...pleeeeeeeeze someone try to give me and explanation of some sort

Cant Stop
07-19-2006, 02:54 PM
what type of weber is it and was it working ok before you rebuilt it ?
as for the vac line plug it and make some adjustments till it runs good
a car should not run with a major vacum leak.

87AccordLXsdn
07-20-2006, 06:13 PM
its a 32/36 and it didnt keep an idle before i rebuilt it but after the rebuild, it ran for a day and then just started to chug real bad when i started it. if i plug the vac leak it just dies so im thinkin it should be ran to something? i'll try to adjust things and then plug it to see if it helps. its one of the vac lines behind the carb and from what it seems its that it splits and goes to either sides of the carb, im lost on the problem

A20A1
07-21-2006, 01:04 PM
What?
You don't want a vacuum leak PERIOD!
so first plug the vaccum line.
You have a vaccum line to the distributor already right?
If so you don't need to use the one on the carb.
1) Plug the vaccum line
2) readjust the idle
3) readjust the a/f mixture screw
4) readjust the idle.
Here is some info on setting the air fuel screw and idle.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4223
read most of the quoted posts...

On top of your vaccum leak, you also may have vaccum leaks elsewhere... or a float adjustment problem.
When you rebuild the carb what did you do? Did you dip the carb in any solvents? Did you remember to install all O-rings?

There are many things. But webers are very easy to take apart and adjust. Just look for a weber tuning book, either a haynes or the one by pat baden.

87AccordLXsdn
07-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, I didn't do the rebuild since I'm not much of a carb guy. I know he didn't dip it. It just seems wierd to me because the car was doing the same thing to me that it is now, before the rebuild. It ran strong for about a day and then all of the sudden started running harsh while I had it idling. I really think that it's a vacuum leak (by the way, I plugged up all the ones I could find). I just bought the Haynes book today and it should be here in a few days so hopefully that can help me out with anything that I am probably over looking. Also, I have searched for some diagrams that show me exactly where the idle screw and the a/f mixture screw is and I haven't been able to find one. If you could hook me up with that I'd appreciate it. Once I know where the idle screw is, I can try to adjust it. Oh, and I read that the pcv valve could also cause a vac leak...where is that? Sorry to be a pain, but there are just certain things about cars that I have no clue about. Thats why I'm trying to do this myself and learn, and save a few bucks too. Thanks in advance.

A20A1
07-21-2006, 10:07 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69